• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Adding HP/MP to accessories posible?

Started by Aiolon, March 08, 2020, 03:22:00 pm

Aiolon

March 08, 2020, 03:22:00 pm Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 01:05:40 am by Aiolon Reason: i helped myself
Hello.
it has been a long time since i posted a question in this board but i am once again in need of knowledge.

the thing is i remember a mod where you had accessories that increased HP, MP and added other crazy stuff such as being able to proc reaction abilities or give support abilities. I believe the the reaction and support effects could be done with the ALMA spreadsheet but as ignorant as i am i can't seem to be able to find anything related to HP or MP.

I unfortunately do not remember wich mod had all this stuff and i could have probably imagined all of this.
I am also not very good at understanding how ALMA works (All i see there, is a bunch of numbers) so if what im looking for can be done with this hack i would love if you could tell me where i need to go and what i need to change. il be fine once i get the gist of it. I only need to be sure that im not touching something entirely different.

to resume it. is it posibble to add HP y MP to accessories? if yes, can i get a hint on how it's done?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: so after spending a few hours playing around and understanding how ALMA works. It turns out i was right and i learned how to use it. Unfortunately, it would seem that this amazing hack only works on epsXe and not on psX (my main platform)
A shame, but at least now i know there is a way.

this thread is now solved
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Xifanie

You can actually use some ninja trickery, but that depends on how much you want your mod to look professional.

You can change the accessory's type to head or body, then use the "Second Table" ID to refer to the HP/MP values of that ID. For example, in my screenshot Cursed Ring uses Second Table ID 0x0E, which is the same one originally used by Feather Hat, meaning they will both give the same HP/MP.

It doesn't look professional because when you're previewing the equipment, it's not showing +/- HP/MP, it only updates the values after you've equipped/unequipped the thing.

Because of the nature of how FFTPacher works, I think you'll have to edit the HP/MP values of the head/body piece that had that original Second Table ID. i.e. in my case I'd have to edit the feather hat. I just think melonhead (the one who coded the program) didn't realized that those values were pointers.

I have no idea if ALMA has the same issues or not, but generally speaking we don't recommend that hack because it is extremely unstable, coded poorly (hence only works in ePSXe) and a nightmare to figure out how it works.

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Aiolon

oh! i'd never imagined something like that could be done with patcher.

i actually gave up with the ALMA thing. i did get what i was looking for but im not friends with ePSXe so i just moved on.
Even if i got ALMA to work and get my desired effects, the fact that HP+ MP+ was not previewed made me feel nitpicky and unsatisfied so i just dropped it for sure.

I truly apreciate that you took your time to find an answer to my question and you even took a ss for me, but i can see this method being more limited since these attributes would have to be linked to an existing item.
theres also the HP+ MP+ not previewing problem and that is actually the one that bothers me  :lol: .

Thank you, Xif. I will take notes of this Patcher sorcery in case i change my mind.
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Xifanie

Haha, that's alright. It's actually something I found out 10 years ago, just kinda forgot what exactly was involved, and figured other people might want to know as well.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful