• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:09:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Meh.

Started by Zyro, March 13, 2009, 08:51:19 pm

Zyro

March 13, 2009, 08:51:19 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zyro
I used to use a lot of hacks to abuse the psx to give Ramza special jobs skills. After reading many of the forms I see that a lot of progress has been made. (I am currently setting up an emulator and waiting for the battery to make my psp hackable.)

What I am working to do is create my own sprites, jobs, skills and events in the game to better suit my interest. I also wish to create my own story-based characters and edit equipment. Currently I am planning how I want the sprites to look, how I want to edit skills and make jobs, and what I want to edit text wise. (I'm using LionEditor.)

One question I currently have is: If I edit Ramza's sprite will the game freeze in the duel between Ramza and Wiegraf/Belias like when one used gameshark to edit Ramza's sprite or will the character still properly have Ramza's Character ID?

Although I am not really the most social person, but I look forward to discussing ideas with the board and hopefully figure out what I am good at in the hacking realm.

To Zodiac: From what I have seen you really are a genius.

Kaijyuu

March 14, 2009, 12:56:03 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Sucking up already, eh? Not a bad strategy.
  • Modding version: PSX

SilvasRuin

March 14, 2009, 02:08:57 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SilvasRuin
I'm not sure what process you had the gameshark go through, but an edited sprite sheet saved in place of Ramza's usual one for that chapter should function fine so long as you don't screw something up.  Even if something on the sprite sheet is messed up, it should only result in looking weird rather than crashing.

Zyro

March 14, 2009, 02:00:21 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zyro
Ok, thanks Silvas.

To Kaijyuu: After reading several topics I think it is a proven fact, but yeah, I choose to suck up now ask questions later. <.<