• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:34:03 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Funny Idea....

Started by bamseyboy, November 12, 2008, 12:22:47 pm

bamseyboy

November 12, 2008, 12:22:47 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
Be warned, I'm not even going to attempt this patch but I always thought it'd be cool to make a patch of FFT which places Rapha and Marach at the centre of the story.

Chapter 1 would be Rapha and Marach going to Barrington/Barinten (??) and training to become assassins and such.

I'm thinking the whole story would change, they'd meet Ramza but he wouldn't join up (a la Orran).

I think Barrington would join though, and perhaps Alma if she's in the castle and doesn't get taken away like she does -_- If this happens Ramza could be a boss trying to get Alma back, aided by Agrias and Mustadio, maybe Luso.

The secret characters would be the same probably.

For some reason I keep wanting Gaffgarion to join up...  :shock:

Here's some ideas for Barrington.

Job: (I forgot...)
Stats: High HP, strength, low MP, magic, average/low speed.
Equip: Guns, Crossbows, Clothes, Hats
His skills would probably be like Rapha/Marach's.
Anger (Fire)
Hope (Holy)
Serenity (Water)
Fear (Dark)
Jealousy (Earth)
Calamity (Thunder)

Well... umm.... that's it.

/ideas

Disco_Peach

November 12, 2008, 12:26:55 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
It's nice to see something as original as wanting to make Malak and Rafa main characters. If you can make them not suck like they did in FFT, I will be very overjoyed :D.

bamseyboy

November 12, 2008, 12:30:52 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by bamseyboy
They'd probably have massive boosts in stats, and it's quite hard to make their skills a bit tougher without making them broken... :(

But I managed to make Marach's skills better by making them hit once but hit everyone in radius, and increasing the radius by one.

Disco_Peach

November 12, 2008, 12:54:55 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Disco_Peach
exactly. randomness is too... random and UNfair. it's not just about owning and being broken. i mean, why even bother training rafa and malak when you have agrias and mustadio before them (and they're better) and then later on get God, aka orlandu? I'm just saying that if you want them to be worthwhile you gotta me em, well... worthwhile. because the only reason why i didn't remove them from my party when i got them in vanilla was just to have all characters in the game.

LastingDawn

November 12, 2008, 03:47:18 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Barinten!!! I have a really odd memory of seeing an official art of him, weilding a gun before (of course that's nearly impossible...) but long ago (when I first joined...) I made a set and everything for Barinten! He was one of my best creations!

QuoteWell, I may have been idle for a while, but work has finally begun on Barinten! Barinten is... oh boy... not to mention a despicable character he's only a half complete sprite, I did find most of his sprite inside of Rudvich's curiously enough. But... my aim is to turn him into a Gunslinger god, may I say I have succeeded. My brother came up with the idea, since I've been at a wall with Barinten for such a long time. He weilds two unique guns respectively named, Long Sword and Rapier, one has Don't Move on it, the other has Don't Act. The C and P Bag had to be sacrificed for this, not much of a loss...

Weapon King
Br. 38 Fa. 26
Weapons: Gun
Helmet: Hat
Armor: Clothes, Robe

High-ranking Noble. United feudal lords from various
regions. His power equals that of a King of a small nation.

Move: 3
Jump: 3
Physical Evasion Rate: 0%
---------------------------------------------
Quickdraw

Quickdraw: Awaiting the enemies movement, with a flick of his hand shoots a charged bullet.
JP: (Starts with it)
Ranged Weapon ability
Effect: 1 enemy
MP: 0 SP:20

Magic Bullet: A bullet crafted from the horn of a Behemoth, makes sure to not touch allies.
Ranged Weapon Ability
Effect: 1

Headshot: A lethal shot from a well aimed barrel.
Ranged Weapon Ability
Effect: 1
MP: 7 SP:0
Add: Dead

Weapon Break, Power Break, Speed Break, as well, no changes to their descriptions or abilities.

Reaction Ability:
A Save - (Speed Up when struck)
Arrow Guard - (Stops arrows from hitting you)
Counter - (With two guns that could be very deadly...)

Support Abilities: None
Move Ability: None
--------------------------------------------
Innate Skills: Maintenance (The guns are Unique if someone got a hold of both they would be able to dual weild... not a good decision)

Two Swords - That which makes this whole Dual Weilding possible.

Concentrate - (I can't say I know why I put this...)

Weapon Guard - One of his guns have 40% weapon evasion, so it compliments that well.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!