• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:45:19 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics- Fall of the Gods

Started by KazeKasano, November 11, 2008, 09:01:53 pm

KazeKasano

November 11, 2008, 09:01:53 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 11:18:08 pm by KazeKasano
Not exactly sure this is the right board for this, considering this board is technically about patching the game.

Fall of the Gods is a project I've had stewing in my head for several months now. It began when I was just messing around with some of the original Tactics sprites in paint, putting them together in poses that were very interesting, such as a dual-swording Orlandeau with one sword in reverse grip. Then, a story hatched in my mind, a sequel to the original. But how to go about its creation? I'm no hacker, nor am I a man of great patience or fast learner. However, I do happen to be quite skilled with Adobe's wonderful Photoshop. And so it hit me: Why not make it a comic? And so I began. I can't share much of what's done yet, as it is cruel to create an audience when you've little actual material (the first few pages of issue 1 are complete at the time of this writing), but I can provide the basic synopsis of the story.

Story
 "We all were fools. We believed that it would all end with the death of Ultima, theHigh Seraph. We had to. The belief kept us all going. We believed, more than anything, that the world would be saved, that the wars would end... That peace would reign if only the Lucavi were finally destroyed...
To our great dismay, we were wrong."

-From the Journals of Mustadio Bunansa

Ultima is defeated, and the world seems at peace. However, deep within the bowels of the Necrohol of Mullonde, the heretic Ramza Beoulve and Thunder God Cidolfus Orlandeau battle for their lives against a horde of demons set loose by the defeat of the High Seraph. Are they alone in this living hell, or are there others of their group still trapped in the dead city? And in his fight to survive, will Ramza become what he detests the most?
On the outside, Mustadio Bunansa and Agrias Oaks have fled to Goug, and one day discover the body of Alma Beoulve on the shore of the island. What can this mean of their other friends?
In his castle at Lesalia, newly widowed and betrayed King Delita Heiral recovers from his near-fatal wound as his advisors try to put down a growing rebellion led by the scholar Orran Durai, who is attempting to reveal the truth of the War of the Lions, and assure that history does not forget Ramza Beoulve.
Above all these events, high in the skies of Ivalice, or perhaps in another dimension altogether, something sinister, cold, and calculating waits, and silently pulls the strings of the world to orchestrate yet another war in Ivalice...

Yes, this is a sprite comic, by the way. And any contributions would be most appreciated.
There's a very special set of sprites I need someone with skills in that area to make, so if you're interested and don't care about who's mentioned in the last paragraph there, pm me and I'll let you know what I'm requesting. Wouldn't want to spoil it for everyone else!

Well, let me know what you think of the idea, and I'll see about getting that first issue done soon!

Edit: Here's a preview of the first issue (only one page, sorry).
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Cheetah

November 11, 2008, 09:06:35 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Well this is a very interesting idea.
Current Projects:

KazeKasano

November 11, 2008, 09:52:06 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
Thank you! Of course, it follows the War of the Lions translation, and will include Balthier!
Does anyone have any ideas of the kind of relationship/dynamic there should be between Balthier and Mustadio?
My main idea for this was to have Mustadio know who Balthier marries, how he dies, and other such things, and want to tell Balthier.
Balthier would have to decide between knowing the future, or living a life full or surprises.
Also, any votes for Agrias Bunansa at some point?
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.

Lydyn

November 11, 2008, 09:54:50 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Agrias! Vote #1!

LastingDawn

November 11, 2008, 10:08:28 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Probably not... Agrias seems adamant about her decision and Mustadio would be a love lorn fellow, I think it helps his character somewhat.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Lydyn

November 11, 2008, 10:19:44 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oh ... Agrias Bunansa. I don't have an opinion about that, sorry.

KazeKasano

November 11, 2008, 10:47:37 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
LD does bring up an interesting point. However, I'm trying not to have too much drama from the Bunansa boys...
Edit: Interesting update to the first post.