• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:28:19 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Items in ASMd

Started by philsov, April 11, 2010, 05:46:05 pm

philsov

2) No, double strike may be excessive but I want SOMETHING there.  Maybe a spell damage proc?
3) Materia is still one of a kind :)
6) Axes are meant to scale upwards and since they're forced 2H then their evasion increases as well.  All the procs are Elemental, its just a matter of procs (and element?  Bleh, stupid lava ball).
8) Yeah, I can make white staff cheaper.  The cannibalized staff was the Gold Staff, and Zeus can easily be replaced.  *hears thunder in the distance*
9) Correct.  I may need to lower its WP by 1 if it becomes too much, hehe
10) Still in their normal spot
11) nevermind the BMG c/p
12) They may just.  Sp-based weapons are going to get some mild playtesting
13) newp
15) Because Jump will (hopefully, again, gotta do playtesting) be a universal 3/2 PA*WP attack regardless of if you're equipped with a spear or not, I wanted to give Lancers an edge.
17) Bags are unisex!
19) Indeed
21) Anti-thief helmet!@
22) Correct.  And in response to Raven (who might be lurking?) I wannted to keep Ribbon a headpiece because of the lack of HP consequence
23) Auto reflect means no raise and no haste.  Boooo auto reflect.  I can also rename it Shell Armour :p
25) You don't like auto regen do you >_>
27) Wanted to make an anti-archer accessory, eh.
28) Angel rings always blocked darkness
29) Sacrificial allies!  MALAK DEMANDS CLAYTON'S ESSENCE.
30) True, I can go back and perk up N-Kai and Feather boots to compensate I guess.  Or something.
31) Yes, its glitchy in the fact that the first action of the unit will be player controlled, and then the uncontrollable beast kicks in.  This is ok in my book.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

The Damned

I see.

You might want to note that bags are unisex in the document since it still says they're female only. Wait...doesn't that mean that you would have had to make so that all classes could equip Bags so that females couldn't equip them regardless of what job they had? Or did you manage to get of what made them female-only without regard to class in the first place?

And, yeah, I'm not much of a fan of Auto-Regen. I don't think it's broken by itself, per se, but the fact that it's 1H weapon that can be used with any shield AND on the store-bought Robe that has the highest HP of all robes just rubs me the wrong way.

As for the double strike ninja weapon, couldn't you just make it have 25% Slow? None of the other weapons slow directly IIRC and it would fit with the paralytic theme without being OP; Stop, on the other hand, would be too powerful, at least on something that can be used with Two Sword and that's the only other alternate I can think of without stepping on Daggers' abilities.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

Maybe Defender should block certain statuses instead? Dunno what though? Dead?

The Damned

Hmmm...that's be interesting yet it would still fit.

I'd be fine with making Defender Block: Dead as well as Block: Death Sentence in addition to Initial: Defending, especially since you're planning to use the ASM where Death Sentence bypasses Block: Dead IIRC. Even just Block: Dead is fine, but with just that and Initial: Defending, it seems a lot less buff than the other Knightswords even if it's meant to be the weakest one.

Katana EDIT: For the record, I was most pleased by the Katana's because you decided to actually go with my semi-serious Comet proc idea for Masamune.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Dokurider

If I may over reach for a second, maybe the Defender should make you immune to the Holy Sword Procs, Dead, Death Sentence, Stop, Silence, and Confuse.

RavenOfRazgriz

Haha.  I need to look over this sometime soon.

I've been really busy, though I can get back to my own FFT-related efforts a bit now in addition to some other things.

I wonder how your end list compares to the one I have now, though... I've changed a lot since the last time I posted an Item chart.

Aside @ The Damned: I also have that thing of yours, I need to get to it tonight hopefully.  I'm sorry for taking a long time on it but I've been incredibly busy with incredibly stupid shit.  I can have it to you within a day or two hopefully.

The Damned

(Damn it. Of course I post right when the forum decides to hiccup.)

Hmmm...that might be an interesting take on Defender, though blocking Stop might make it a bit more powerful than intended. Still, it's not like it would be broken or anything.

Quote from: "RavenOfRazgriz"Aside @ The Damned: I also have that thing of yours, I need to get to it tonight hopefully.  I'm sorry for taking a long time on it but I've been incredibly busy with incredibly stupid shit.  I can have it to you within a day or two hopefully.

No problem. I only decided to bug you because I have no other way of knowing what's going with you; I kind of noticed that you weren't on nearly as much. I haven't really worked on it much yet anyway, though did finally start up again last night.

Try not to let it bore you to death. (I've already changed a few things, though I'll fill you in on that later. More will doubtless change whenever I finally test some things.)