• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

DTS version 1

Started by darktimesunshine, January 26, 2013, 02:31:35 pm

darktimesunshine

January 26, 2013, 02:31:35 pm Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 09:37:02 pm by darktimesunshine
I'm new to editing, I have the basics down, but looking for some help from someone with know-how in ASM hacking.

General changes: I vastly lowered the damage of every class, scaled weapons across 99 levels, and got rid of most classes.  The classes I kept are Squire, Chemist, Geomancer, Lancer.  As well, I got rid of Pheonix down and any methods of reviving a team mate are large mana-cost / large cast time.  I vastly lowered evasion across all classes, and lowered movement and range of all abilities in an attempt to make positioning in the game more tactical (not just everyone scrambling around 1 shotting each other).  Most forms of healing are lowered, so that healing can not outdo damage (this should be the case in any game but it isn't).  I also changed the lighter armors so that there is a benefit to using them, not just Armor is plain better than Cloth, but now there are trade-offs.

My new classes, with general info

Knight -> Herc  (High melee single target damage, lightning-based)
Thief -> Diana  (Evasive, dual wield, uses a lot of poison techniques)
Archer -> Apollyon   (Ranged physical, stealth abilities, squishy)
Wizard -> Rakshasa  (AoE mage, very squishy, uses most elements)
Monk -> Abbot   (Extremely high HP, earth-based fighter)
Priest -> Beschytzer   (Tank and healer, uses heavy armor and holy-based magic)
Oracle -> Kaloomte    (AoE melee ranged Physical, water-based)
Mediator -> Osirii      (Healer / time manipulation, squishy, dark-based)
Summoner -> Carrion  (Support / Crowd control)
TimeMage -> Sacrier   (Anti-melee, fire based, mage, tanky)
Bard -> Templar       (Anti-mage, very high MP, innate manashield)
Dancer -> Bloodletter  (Extremely evasive mage, ice-based)

I already have ideas for abilities for most of the classes but may need help implementing them.

3lric

First off how are you "almost creating the game from scratch"?

You realize to do this you will have to learn event editing as well as many many many other things?

We don't have that many ASMer's and I can tell you right now you won't really get much help from one
until you atleast produce some videos and pictures of what you are making from "scratch".

I wish you luck.
  • Modding version: PSX

darktimesunshine

Scratch as in, I'm scrapping basically everything battle-wise, items, classes, abilities will all be new.  I can't post pictures since I'm at work, but probably later tonight I can.

GeneralStrife

Well I hope you know what you are in for. I'd read this first.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6125.0

darktimesunshine

I have teamspeak that I can use to chat in, as well.

The main thing I'm having trouble with is adding jobs to the job wheel and I can't figure out how to do it on my own.