• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 09:12:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

The "Bug" w/ DrawOut, Charge, Elemental, Etc?

Started by Archael, December 26, 2008, 10:56:37 am

Archael

December 26, 2008, 10:56:37 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Can't it simply be fixed by changing the skill set in question to <DEFAULT> like you need to do to others so they work properly?

retards  :D

Vanya

December 26, 2008, 11:42:58 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
No. it still freaks out when a generic uses it. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Archael

December 26, 2008, 12:12:48 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Vanya"No. it still freaks out when a generic uses it. ^_^

Zuka just tested it on Charge

he says it works fine

we have a feeling everyone patched improperly when trying to make these changes

:?

The Damned

December 26, 2008, 12:14:57 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Like Vanya said, no, it can't.

The only ones that can be fixed by changing it to Default are Charge and probably Math Skill. Otherwise, the skillset either won't work at all or only use the first four skills in the set regardless of whether or not you bought them, even if you change the skillset to something that you know has more than four skills like the non-guest version of Truth.

If only we could make them not be glitchy like with special characters....

P.S. Also, in case you were wondering, Blank just means you can't access that menu at all in-battle.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Archael

December 26, 2008, 12:17:26 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Ohh that explains it

Zuka tested it on Charge and it worked

I thought none of them worked period

that's really weird that it'd work on Charge and not thinks like Geomancy

are you guys 100% positive?

QuoteP.S. Also, in case you were wondering, Blank just means you can't access that menu at all in-battle.

Oh, and here I thought Blank meant you get happy heart cookies whenever you used the skillset...  :(

DarthPaul

December 26, 2008, 12:22:13 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Lols at Archs' sarcasm.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

The Damned

December 26, 2008, 12:24:29 pm #6 Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:36:21 pm by The Damned
I agree that it's pretty weird that it would work on only two of the seven specific skill sets that use non-Default menus, but I'm 100% sure (as I'm sure others are) that it doesn't work for Item (or else I wouldn't bitch about Chemists so much), Jump (I recently tested this out since I finally made overhauled Lancer/Dragoon's skillset), Draw Out (similarly, I was testing this out before I decided on Gambler, which I guess I'll have to test out through Squire) and Throw (I forget what I've changed them to--oh, right, Berserker--and thus haven't really used them, but I vaguely remember Throw not working when I changed it something else).

I personally haven't tried with Geomancy since I can't think of any changes to Geomancer at the moment (outside of one or two mechanic changes that would probably be rather difficult to implement), so I can't say there, but it probably doesn't work either considering it's the most specific since it interacts directly with the terrain.

Zodiac himself hasn't been able to solve it yet, but I'm sure it's at least somewhat linked to our current ability to change anything in the inability menu from Items on downward. (This is a shame since I'm sure many of us need the space for skills.)

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

philsov

December 26, 2008, 12:26:50 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Voldemort7"retards  :D
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

December 26, 2008, 12:28:11 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
thats a shame

o well

back to the drawing board

someone should compile a list of the ones that work and don't work

LastingDawn

December 26, 2008, 12:54:41 pm #9 Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 12:58:15 pm by LastingDawn
Edited for Idiocy
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

DarthPaul

December 26, 2008, 12:56:57 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
I think the smile after retards was to insinuate he didn't really mean it but threw it in anyways to make a point.
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

December 26, 2008, 12:57:48 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
How did I miss that... I'm still half asleep, ignore me.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

The Damned

December 26, 2008, 01:00:44 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
Quote from: "Voldemort7"someone should compile a list of the ones that work and don't work

Well, it's more a problem that it's actual job classes themselves that seem to be hardcoded to not accept any skillset that isn't their own than the actual skillset itself not working properly. Changed skillsets might work for special characters...which sort of giving me an idea now (not that it would solve anything).

That said, the jobs that definitely can't be changed (completely) at the moment are Chemist, Lancer, Samurai, Ninja and (probably) Geomancer.

DarthPaul

December 26, 2008, 01:04:55 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Quote from: "LastingDawn"How did I miss that... I'm still half asleep, ignore me.

It happens to us all don't fret about it.