• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 26, 2024, 12:14:38 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

GeneralStrife

Ran Master

Yeah, I put up a submission as a reg .spr file on the site already, also the portrait is just a hybrid f-thief combined with rough edits of ramza's hair. It should work in game 100%. (Tested, but not refined.)

The expression on her face is basically unedited from the original f-thief portrait. Just added a little eyelash to the eyes and hue change for the hair color/skin.

Didn't plan to do a complete overhaul of the f-thief sprite.

Zozma

I really like what you have as a sprite to match your avatar Ran, looks like it'll be good quality
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Jon

Its not bad, but man your portrait is way better for example, along with the sprite of it. I like the hair :wow:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Ran Master

Trying to get the hair perfect just like smashes portraits.
His stuff is crazy good.

And thanks, for the crits, it give us spriters inspiration and motivation.

Jon

Yeah, Smash, Zozma and Twinees (and now Lijj because of the f. Samurai) are my inspirations! Just all so good :mrgreen: Quality before quantity is the right way to go!

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "Jon"Quality before quantity
Heh thats why i really dont sprite much, im not too good at it

Lijj

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=406&p=110320#p110320
I updated my GIF making tutorial. The old one was for a version of Photoshop that was not compatable with Shi-shi's and should never be used for BMP editing (PS-7) Most newer versions of PS are good for BMP editing and have an animation window.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

@Ran: Hair on that sprite looks great, though from what I can barely see(it is rotating all the time geez) there is an outline on his hair, much like FFTA's hairs. You might want to erase it. I am eager to see what you have in mind for body.

Jon

QuoteHeh thats why i really dont sprite much, im not too good at it

Thats exactly why I sprite so much, just to get better ;)

Lijj

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a little big isn't it?... I'll post a smaller one next time.

Kagebunji

It looks great, but I highly recommend changing the chest. Try using Smash's Cavalier's armor, it will look splendid for sure. If not that, then give him something you see fit, all up to you. Though, is this skirt above his legs(the thing with gold outline)?

Jon

I think it looks alright, maybe 1 more shade of lightest blue/purple. Not bad at all!

mav

Ran, your generic female thief looks like she's wearing a helmet. Fix the sprite's hair and make it look more dynamic.

Lijj, this sprite looks fantastic. Your blue/purple shades are too dark though. It's creating the illusion that it has no depth.

Wolfran

Please, don't change anything except the shading.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Lijj

Kage:  I'll check out Smash's FE Sprites' chest armor and may use it. It's a tunic.. acceptable attire for a knight of medieval  Ivalice

Mav & Jon: Gotcha, I was going for a deep royal color lol.. But you're right too dark.

Wolfran: That's what I was thinking.. I like the strap on his chest myself

So I'll play around a bit with that armor piece and definitely lighten the darker violet-blues.

I agree with Mav on that thief, though I must say the hair on that Ramza Sprite looks great... Keep it up Ran Master

Jon

I can't tell exactly because he is moving to fast, but you have the "generic" black color that comes on all FFT sprites, a dark blue/indigo and a lighter blue (which is pretty dark). All you would need is one more step in the direction of lighter blue and shade it on him correctly, and this will be fine. I don't think you have to change the whole palette or anything...

Kagebunji

Mess around with chestplate, yes. This strap is a good idea, but it is too small too look like it. Look at my old Steiner sprite, he had a belt across it armor, it looked shitty, but you will get the idea.

Jon

How far did you get with Steiner, Kage? You ever going to finish your FF9 compilation project? I know Garnet is done and looks nice, but what about the others? Hmm, would be cool to see some more of  them...

Kagebunji

I did 5 frames, Jimmy did 5 frames too. I still have my sig around somewhere, but dunno where. I even thought of continuing the project, Black Waltz2 would be first to get completed, then Zidane. Who knows, maybe i none of these days...