• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Wownage of the Century

Started by Archael, April 06, 2009, 01:21:48 pm

Archael

April 06, 2009, 01:21:48 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Original Video: (Watch atleast 5 m of it to understand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D58c_n37dAo

Ownage Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTzs1qKkPgA

LastingDawn

April 06, 2009, 02:58:08 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, I couldn't stand to take more then two minutes of that rubbish!

The parody was pretty interesting, and I understood the gist, what's with the odd cutting anyhow? He seems like an overbearing jerk who has the "only answer" but sounds like he's reading straight from a script. that was pretty entertaining.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

philsov

April 06, 2009, 07:55:31 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
the cutting is because the first schmuck does it too.

But as both an environmental science major and someone who's lived in nigeria, I can say the first portion of the video is so. horribly. wrong.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Archael

April 06, 2009, 07:58:25 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"the cutting is because the first schmuck does it too.

But as both an environmental science major and someone who's lived in nigeria, I can say the first portion of the video is so. horribly. wrong.

you should post on some of his videos

it'd be interesting to see you prove HowTheWorldWorks wrong like others on Youtube are doing

he deletes comments and opinions who disagree with him though, so you'd have to make a video about it

my video on him is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6G6HRcBY0

philsov

April 06, 2009, 08:09:19 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Quote from: "Voldemort"

it'd be interesting to see you prove HowTheWorldWorks wrong like others on Youtube are doing

he deletes comments and opinions who disagree with him though, so you'd have to make a video about it

my video on him is here:

He's not worth my time.  Fight the good fight.

Archael

April 06, 2009, 08:12:04 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"
Quote from: "Voldemort"

my video on him is here:

He's not worth my time.  Fight the good fight.

thnx man I will

philsov

April 06, 2009, 08:25:16 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
also I'd like to add that video blogging is a cancer that should be ripped from the host body.

Kaijyuu

April 06, 2009, 09:02:21 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
I don't see how stupid opinions presented through video is somehow worse than stupid opinions presented through text.
  • Modding version: PSX

philsov

April 06, 2009, 09:33:31 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
bandwidth, obviously.

samuchan

April 07, 2009, 01:42:07 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by samuchan
Quote from: "philsov"But as both an environmental science major and someone who's lived in nigeria, I can say the first portion of the video is so. horribly. wrong.
Do you disagree about the DDT or the mining?

samuchan

April 07, 2009, 01:44:55 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by samuchan
Ummm... One of his videos on his channel is titled "Obama is not cutting the deficit."  

No shit.  I don't expect him to.  I actually think this would take more than one term.  Maybe more than two.

philsov

April 07, 2009, 01:55:01 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
DDT. thanks to biological magnification and just the base effect it has on the reproductive system in humans and animals alike.

mining rapes the landscape a bit, but usually the problem is isolated and the damage isn't permanent albeit long term.  Unless it's a heavy metal mine (don't think the video discusses what kind), in which case it's more severe and needs prevention/attention, but it's ultimately welcome and needed income to build/fund structures/workers for sanatation and education.  I don't give a rat's ass about pretty trees, but copper runoff into a tributary can kill entire villages through either direct intake or just killing off all the plants/fish.

Edit:  For pictures of american environmental pillaging, search "superfund".  O.o

Archael

April 07, 2009, 02:18:44 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote from: "philsov"DDT. thanks to biological magnification and just the base effect it has on the reproductive system in humans and animals alike.

mining rapes the landscape a bit, but usually the problem is isolated and the damage isn't permanent albeit long term.  Unless it's a heavy metal mine (don't think the video discusses what kind), in which case it's more severe and needs prevention/attention, but it's ultimately welcome and needed income to build/fund structures/workers for sanatation and education.  I don't give a rat's ass about pretty trees, but copper runoff into a tributary can kill entire villages through either direct intake or just killing off all the plants/fish.

Edit:  For pictures of american environmental pillaging, search "superfund".  O.o

QuoteBut as both an environmental science major and someone who's lived in nigeria, I can say the first portion of the video is so. horribly. wrong.

I wish I knew as much about environmental issues / the like as you to throw facts back in his face