• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:06:14 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Reach the Future Chapter v1.06 Download! Out Now!

Started by Jumza, May 26, 2023, 09:53:02 am

Jumza

May 26, 2023, 09:53:02 am Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:04:53 pm by Jumza
RTF CHAPTER 1 is OUT NOW!
Most up to date version: v1.06 (released June 5th)

I hope you all enjoy playing it as much as I did making it! Download link at the bottom of this post!

EMULATOR COMPATIBILITY

Duckstation - Fully tested and compatible!

pSXv1.13 - Fully tested and compatible!

ePSXe - PC versions of this emulator do not run certain instructions as expected resulting in some strange behaviour sometimes. I do not recommend using this emulator to play this mod. Mobile versions of ePSXe, while not yet tested, may fare better in this regard.

An actual PS1 Console - I haven't managed to get this working yet, but it's on the to do list!

Other - Your preferred emulator not on the list? Try playing the mod and report back to me so I can update it!

For applying the PPF I recommend using the online tool found here https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/ as I have found that PPF-O-Matic takes quite a while to apply this particular PPF, whereas this site takes a few seconds.

Previous Version Download Counts:
  • v1.0 - 171
  • v1.01 (hotfix) - 12
  • v1.02 (hotfix) - 38
  • v1.03 (hotfix) - 23
  • v1.04 (hotfix) - 77
  • v1.05 (hotfix) - 83
  • TOTAL - 404
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

J_Treize

Literally the most fun I've had playing a game ever, amazing work!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Treize Kushranada#9554

DanCo01

Ive downloaded the RTFv1_06.zip used this https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

the game opens in duckstation but then doesn't work from title screen
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: DanCo01

DanCo01

Quote from: DanCo01 on June 15, 2023, 10:09:10 amIve downloaded the RTFv1_06.zip used this https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/

the game opens in duckstation but then doesn't work from title screen

I have changed a few settings and now it seems to be running fine :)
  • Discord username: DanCo01

bladegrasp

To users stuck with controller problems: You may need to enable a checkbox called "XInput Source" in the Settings->Controllers menu. In that same menu, you may need to set your controller to Digital instead of Analog.

To Jumza: I caught your Youtube video by accident and was blown away. Now that I'm playing the mod (just past Arden Slums) I'm even more impressed. You have clearly put a lot of thought (and work) into this mod, the sheer amount of new abilities and completely new story make this like a whole separate title. Only the basic battle mechanics and graphics remain from FFT. FYI the play-through has been super smooth so far. Thank you for your efforts, we are looking forward to Chapter 2 !

Jumza

Quote from: bladegrasp on July 02, 2023, 09:17:54 pmTo Jumza: I caught your Youtube video by accident and was blown away. Now that I'm playing the mod (just past Arden Slums) I'm even more impressed. You have clearly put a lot of thought (and work) into this mod, the sheer amount of new abilities and completely new story make this like a whole separate title. Only the basic battle mechanics and graphics remain from FFT. FYI the play-through has been super smooth so far. Thank you for your efforts, we are looking forward to Chapter 2 !

Thank you so much for the kind words! It was a lot of work for sure, but totally worth it! FFT provided me with the best bones I could've asked for for making a project like this.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

faithwithin

Tails_Doll_Prower

I heard this was out- Gonna play and for sure do some recording to it.  :more: Keep it up Jumza!

FreeBlock

asking for the smallest spoiler:: Please lol

At the 4th....time reset i believe, but on the 3rd, i completed every single area, and was only on the 17th, which enabled me to hit every open spot. But....ya did another reset. ((But it had some slightly new text))

How do we know we completed chapter 1? i guess would be the question.

guijlk

bro, i dont unable play, i try all but donĀ“t unable

Jumza

Quote from: FreeBlock on August 11, 2023, 08:32:42 pmasking for the smallest spoiler:: Please lol

At the 4th....time reset i believe, but on the 3rd, i completed every single area, and was only on the 17th, which enabled me to hit every open spot. But....ya did another reset. ((But it had some slightly new text))

How do we know we completed chapter 1? i guess would be the question.

When you complete chapter 1 fully, you will know ;)

To complete the chapter, you have to Save Celia, complete every Mairsil's Mission (there are 3), then return to Castle Garris before time is up.

Tails_Doll_Prower

Your mod, is crazy- but I see the schemes behind it- but it's brilliant.. I am a bit further then where I am. I will try to check out the extra's in it. I really look forward to this more.

Sev7N

Hi, I have a doubt, I just finished playing the current version, and I saved right before the last battle (I wish I did not do that D: ), can I play from the point I just saved on future versions, like when chapter 2 comes out?

PS: try adding a "continue playing" feature just like "The Lion War of the Lions", a way to return us to the last place before the final events, it would help a lot should anyone find themselves in the same situation as I do.

Thanks for your attention :)

Jumza

Quote from: Sev7N on August 21, 2023, 06:40:08 pmHi, I have a doubt, I just finished playing the current version, and I saved right before the last battle (I wish I did not do that D: ), can I play from the point I just saved on future versions, like when chapter 2 comes out?

PS: try adding a "continue playing" feature just like "The Lion War of the Lions", a way to return us to the last place before the final events, it would help a lot should anyone find themselves in the same situation as I do.

Thanks for your attention :)

Hey! The game specifically tells you to save in a separate slot before the final save appears to try and help people avoid this, but I'm sorry if your save file is stuck! If you have a save that is at the Border Gate you can go into the Minigames section and manually activate the Time Warp to go back though.

Continuing from Chapter 2 depends on whether or not I change anything in Chapter 1 (kind of behind the scenes, gameflow logic-wise) when Chapter 2 releases. I can't make any guarantees sadly.

Worker66

Hey guys I'm new at at this I would really like to play either reach the future or journey of the five on a emulator on my phone if this is possible i could really use some help getting it started thank you

Murse_Jon

There is a tutorial and help section on this site to help you learn how to patch these mods to FFT @Worker66

DAn

I've just finished your mod chapter and I loved it!! I'm really looking forward to see more <3

Backstyck

Hey, all. I've been running into nothing but issues getting this to run in Retroarch on iOS on an iPad Air. After much troubleshooting, I've managed to get past the second Tathewood battle, but I'm getting stuck on the loading screen following the return to Castle Garris with Celia. The cutscene seems to play normally, but when the screen cuts to black, "Now Loading" freezes in the bottom-right of the screen. This happens on both Beetle and PCSX ReARMed. Beetle was previously indicating "bad sector?" constantly, but eccr141 seems to have fixed that issue. Has anyone gotten this to work on Retroarch in iOS?

Tails_Doll_Prower

I have finally beaten your mod.. And planned out the route to do everything within the time frame. From Helping The Certain people. (Even from the Odd Jobs.) This Mod is Highly recommendable.. and I look forward to more.