• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:10:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT The Lion War ReMixed [PSX]

Started by Nyzer, December 22, 2023, 12:35:48 am

Gokajern

Quote from: Nyzer on March 05, 2024, 05:43:21 pmIt is not. There might be something in the Options menu that allows it though.
No such option I'm afraid. Shame. I've yet to find a QoL hack that does it.

Bathalas

Love the idea of the mod, but have a question. is there an undocumented change to JP earnings? the JP Boost skill is missing for everyone, and my JP production feels very high for early ch. 1. a fine change on its own, given that it reduces a little of the grind on my umpteenth playthrough, so mostly I'm just asking to make sure I haven't lost my mind. Thanks in advance@
  • Modding version: PSX

Murse_Jon

Had a great time playing through this mod! The end game stuff looks great, like learning the new abilities. I added shadow stitch to Ramza but don't see anywhere it's actually added. Went into battle and couldn't do it there either. Tested w teleport 2 and non-charge, they show up in abilities to be added. Same for Ultima spells, I see those in squire list. But no assassin skills. Am I missing something?

Nyzer

Quote from: Bathalas on March 07, 2024, 07:27:57 amLove the idea of the mod, but have a question. is there an undocumented change to JP earnings? the JP Boost skill is missing for everyone, and my JP production feels very high for early ch. 1. a fine change on its own, given that it reduces a little of the grind on my umpteenth playthrough, so mostly I'm just asking to make sure I haven't lost my mind. Thanks in advance@

Yep, looks like I didn't add that to the notes. I'll have to do that now.

Quote from: Murse_Jon on March 11, 2024, 01:12:43 pmHad a great time playing through this mod! The end game stuff looks great, like learning the new abilities. I added shadow stitch to Ramza but don't see anywhere it's actually added. Went into battle and couldn't do it there either. Tested w teleport 2 and non-charge, they show up in abilities to be added. Same for Ultima spells, I see those in squire list. But no assassin skills. Am I missing something?

Shadow Stitch should be a Monk skill, I believe.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Murse_Jon

March 11, 2024, 05:14:30 pm #64 Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 05:35:36 pm by Murse_Jon
I thought I looked through all the job abilities but I must have missed that. I'll go check again thanks
Edit: just checked, shadow stitch is a thief skill, stop breath is on Monk. Thanks again

Tusk

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tusk

Aelyat

Really great mod! I've been enjoying a lot and so far no crashs or issues on my end.
I do have a question though, wich type of aspect ratio/resolution would be the best on Duckstation for FFT?
16:9 stretches a lot and kinda looks weird ( and widescreen patch has some bugs I can't seem to figure it out)
4:3 looks a lot better... but it does make the screen really small on my monitor.
Wich settings do you guys use?

*btw I've been playing on Vulkan hardware, should I switch to OpenGL? I do not know wich is best
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: Aelyat

StayHungry

Hey Nyzer!

Thanks for this, I've been having a lot of fun playing.

lilmacaco

I was looking through the resource files but didn't find any information about jobs/job levels. I am just trying to figure out if I have to master jobs to unlock other jobs or not. I could be blind too but loving the mod so far!

MRTayag

lhsgenx42

The game is glitched at the Germinas Peak scenario for me. The battle starts with no enemies showing, but they are talking to my party. When I choose Start Battle the screen goes black, but I hear the music playing. Anyone having the same issue?

Nyzer

Gonna do some replies, but first, Version 1.1.10 is out now.

======================

Quote from: Tusk on March 12, 2024, 12:33:19 amIm using duckstation on a retroid pocket 3
https://imgur.com/gallery/mH57GP3

Fixed, thanks for the report!

Quote from: lilmacaco on March 25, 2024, 12:45:21 amI was looking through the resource files but didn't find any information about jobs/job levels. I am just trying to figure out if I have to master jobs to unlock other jobs or not. I could be blind too but loving the mod so far!

Nothing is different from The Lion War.

Quote from: MRTayag on March 27, 2024, 06:23:09 amHow to toggle No Permadeath?

You can't. I've fixed some of the wording to make it clearer in the first post - essentially, while the hack itself has the toggle functionality, the player is not given the option to toggle it in ReMixed. If the main Options menu could have been expanded, it would have been a toggle for the player, but it couldn't be.

Quote from: lhsgenx42 on March 30, 2024, 08:19:18 pmThe game is glitched at the Germinas Peak scenario for me. The battle starts with no enemies showing, but they are talking to my party. When I choose Start Battle the screen goes black, but I hear the music playing. Anyone having the same issue?

I'll try to get that checked out soonish. First I've ever heard of it, though.

MRTayag

i accidentally moved 1character to bench unit.. onced move it's name change to something else.. is this bug?

can we also request a De-leveling function on the Dispatch Missions? 😅

also, what are the.job unlock requirement based on?

wraith09

SO I HAVE AN...ODD issue? just started the mod. and theres a few odd things ive found... but i just fought the first fight on the plains and... my ramza renamed himself to reis and left my party. dont know if this was an aprils fool thing or an actual bug.

Nyzer

April 03, 2024, 12:48:32 am #74 Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:12:07 am by Nyzer
Quote from: wraith09 on April 03, 2024, 12:24:26 amSO I HAVE AN...ODD issue? just started the mod. and theres a few odd things ive found... but i just fought the first fight on the plains and... my ramza renamed himself to reis and left my party. dont know if this was an aprils fool thing or an actual bug.

Not quite the intent. Looks like something got bugged with Algus, I'm not quite sure what. He loaded with blank stats when he wasn't supposed to. I did some testing a ways back with stuff related to unit generation in battle - I'm thinking that I didn't restore a copy from beforehand and that this caused issues with my hack for Load Formation not blanking stats out if the unit's not in the team.

Edit: Yep, that's what it was. New version has been uploaded with that bit of code reverted back to vanilla.

wraith09

Quote from: Nyzer on April 03, 2024, 12:48:32 amNot quite the intent. Looks like something got bugged with Algus, I'm not quite sure what. He loaded with blank stats when he wasn't supposed to. I did some testing a ways back with stuff related to unit generation in battle - I'm thinking that I didn't restore a copy from beforehand and that this caused issues with my hack for Load Formation not blanking stats out if the unit's not in the team.

Edit: Yep, that's what it was. New version has been uploaded with that bit of code reverted back to vanilla.

awesome sauce. i mean i could keep going, but missing the ramza unit for sweegy swamp was...brutal. loving the changes to the beginning of the battles tho. looking forward to seeing what else you have in store

MRTayag

is there a way to know which patch is used via in game?

Nyzer

Quote from: MRTayag on April 02, 2024, 08:58:12 ami accidentally moved 1character to bench unit.. onced move it's name change to something else.. is this bug?

can we also request a De-leveling function on the Dispatch Missions? 😅

also, what are the.job unlock requirement based on?

The bench hack does not save custom nicknames. You can always rename units at the Soldier Office, though.

I'm not likely to ever include a deleveling option - I wouldn't know how to preserve stat growth to match standard deleveling, and if you're just trying to reduce the level of random battles, the restriction against sending Ramza on missions would still leave you screwed there. You'll just need to recruit some mind flayers and/or teach the skill to Luso, or use the traps in the desert.

The jobs are all vanilla PSX unlocks except Dark Knights, which use TLW's Knight 8 and Wizard 8.

Quote from: MRTayag on April 03, 2024, 06:37:43 amis there a way to know which patch is used via in game?

No. Though Patch 1.1.10 and 1.1.11 have a subtle difference on the title screen and in... certain parts of the game...

You can compare the changelog against the text for certain abilities to get some idea of what patch you used, though.

rrr

Ninja have innate Ninjitsu, so perhap can Samurai have innate Bushido?

twigglypuff

How would you say is the difficulty of this mod? 1 being vanilla and 10 being FFT1.3