• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Plans for new sprites, whats everyone working on?

Started by Zozma, April 24, 2008, 08:34:17 pm

murak

November 09, 2009, 04:00:32 pm #1220 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by murak
okay, here's the wip on Cam's back, i have a basic idea of how it should look, but i'm just not that great at actually adding the details on the sprite.

(and yes, i did just quickly put the back view heads on quickly, i was making the different heads have the indexed colours before properly joining the head and body.)

...more would have been done if i could get the back sorted, based on how 'feasible' the sprite is from the main 5 frames, i then focus on the other aspects of the sprite, so that is a slight reason for procrastinating. :P

edit: i was doing another wip sprite, this has more than 16 colours easily, but i'm trying to find a decent way to cut down on them.

(pic looks slightly off as i just copied and pasted the frames over another sprite i did before)

Daniel

November 19, 2009, 09:29:27 pm #1221 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Daniel
nice

Miroshi Beshima

Ok, i just got my laptop today AND my old computer back with the lost data back on it. Here's a sprite I've been working on before the computer crashed during summer. The body hasn't been started as you can see its just bathier's. but i based the head off of Smash's Ike Preview and Cloud. I think it turned out pretty well.

SilvasRuin

...speaking of which...  I still need to finish that.  Mind if I steal the back views from you for the head?  That would save me some trouble.

jimmyjw88

That's pretty nice ^^
Ah yes, Silvas Ike. Very nice sprite. So is Vanya's Dark Knight.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Nice sprite, Miroshi, my only complaints are that the hair and body could use some more contrast.

Vanya

As part of my new year's resolution I shall endeavor to have a new flan sprite done by the end of the week.
It has been a thorn in my side for a while. Now I shall have victory!! =P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Vanya

I won't. Fortunately I didn't loose him in my last HD crash! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

Ooo..Lucky ^^
Well, I have two frames of them xD. Defitinitely looking forward to them. They look amazing ^^

mav

Good luck, Vanya. I can't wait--let's resolve to make this the year of sprite completion.

Tonb3rry

Currently working on:
Multiple characters for a D&D game

Nazkahdarian (The massive dragon thing)
Mala Rao (Undead Hunter - possessed (ie the little girl)
X (clockwork construct with a REALLY crappy from-scratch head)
Artemis (werewolf tribe leader)

Werewolf
Moogle (basically done with this one, just can't figure out how to get the little bastard actually into the game >.<)

jimmyjw88

Jon

Yeah, not bad. I don't like X (Megaman right?) and also the moogle could use a little more work, but the rest is pretty good. The moogle has wings and their nose is tiny and black, not red, but the werewolf and the giant dragon with a huge cleaver/butchers knife is nice. Since this game only has attack animations that go diagonally, you might want to make a diagonal version of that thing. Keep it up ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Tonb3rry

I keep X as a reminder of why not to sprite drunk.
The Dragon guy started out as a placeholder for a character in a D&D game, but I'm thinking I may take it further (dragon + Hashmalum + Velius)

Moogle, yeah. I guess you're right... huh don't know why I had red nose in my mind.

mav

The dragon is epic, my only gripes are at the white shades you used for the face--consider replacing that very light blue shade. I like the werewolf too, but the face shape is a little weird. The wolf on all fours (on the Malak/Gafgarion sheet), however, looks phenomenal. I'd love to see a full sheet for that sprite. MegaMan needs some fixing, but it's an okay concept. The rest of the sprites look good, they just aren't nearly as awesome as some of the others. Great work, Ton.

SilvasRuin

I would replace the Panthers/Coerls with that wolf at the drop of a hat.

The moogle definitely needs work.  The red nose is actually rather canon depending on which point in the series you're looking at though.  They're working on a moogle sprite over in Mercenaries and have a fantastic portrait so far.  Check it out, it might help you.

Tonb3rry

I knew I wasn't crazy; Yeah, after about FF3/6, moogles just kinda stopped existing for me - not a fan of what they've become, but meh.

Nazkaderian (the big dragon guy) was originaly a much more calm, tan color, but the player didn't like it, so I got that garish, painful white >.<

The wolf, sadly, is little more than a recolor. I'm debating on whether or not to go through all the effort to port it, but I believe it comes from "Tales of the World" and so doesn't quite fit regarding animations.

Once the werewolf frames are all colored and the lines repaired the head looks better, promise - atm its really there more as a placeholder; the final one seems to work pretty well.

And really? You like Artemis? I feel like I could do a little more with him - and yeah, Gafgarion + Malak + the Archer's (left?) arm

Kagebunji

Well I'm working on moogles, I have male one done (but must rework him a bit), then I will try to move to the female moogle. As for rest of sprites, concepts are nice, but there are problems for example that blue dragon's arm is too bright and looks misplaced, megaman's face looks... bad. I definitly like Malak in Gaffy armor, I dunno why I get the feel that head should be moved one pixel to the right though.