• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:27:39 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

mav

That hair is gorgeous. I've always hated the style of portraits in FFIV-VI. Too damn artsy.

MiKeMiTchi

Excellent work, smash! I like it. Not too anime-ish.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Smash

Next is Locke.

Probably gonna mess with the small sprites too, till I get bored.

Quote from: "Kagebunji"Yeah, cool, sweet and all, but it would be nice if you would finish at least one of your works from past month  >:|

And past year, and so on.. I only finish 1.26% of my pixel wips.  :)

The last one I fully finished was the mountain fire scene. Can't remember any ones before.

Xifanie

But... I liked Terra looking like a whore. :(

I see you used the same exact colors. Your version makes it all much more alive because of the shading.

She would need a hair cut to fit in the game though.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Knox

You're a god, Smash.

Absolutely Awesome!!!

( like how G0D turns into St.Ajora lol )
~Auranhiem

Smash

Thanks for the comments guys

For those not aware yet, Im working on the bangaa once again. The thing got a mayor overhaul, so progress might take more than expected.. Either way, my sig is the progress report.

I should also update.. Most of the stuff I posted here in thread is either updated or completed.. But college assignments won't let me now for the time being.

mav

46%, eh? Not bad. Good luck with all these, man.

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

MiKeMiTchi

The sprite progress speech bubble in your sig is sweet, smash!
Looking forward to your future sprites. :)
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

Wow, amazing stuff! I like those characters you did on page 3 (I think) of the skeleton with spear and the vampire and thief and townsman or whatever. The style looks so cool and crisp for that pic. Ah yes, nice one with Terra. Could you maybe do a portrait of Celes and/or Locke? Oh and Setzer, wait nevermind, you might as well make all of them ;) Dude you rock!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Smash

Got free time, so I'll drop this here:

1- Get a sprite editor and FFVI
2-Export originals to png's and overwrite with mine
3-Import to the game and get past the magitek armor part

Still WIP, but it has most poses there. Comments and crits welcome  :)
Im making Edgar a new mug next.

Xifanie

Fuck, just with that sketch I have the feeling it will look incredibly awesome.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Kaijyuu

Nice terra palette. Matches the Amano art rather well; she might not of had green hair if they had that palette during development :)

Vanya

I always hated that the FF5&6 sprites almost never match Amano's art.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Great stuff, Smash. I can't wait to see what happens with Edgar.

Smash

So far

Original palletes are there to show Square's failures.  :)

Now it's either Celes or Locke.. Then probably Mog or Setzer. This is fun

Cheetah

Wow these are definitely freaking sweet. It is really amazing me how much you are able to improve upon this stuff using the original specs. FFVI was already a great looking game by the standards of the day, but your stuff is just blowing it away.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Just out of curiosity, for what purpose these will be used? Or you do this just for fun?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Two words....HOLYSHIT!!
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Hah, even with the original palettes, your stuff blows 'em away. Great work, Smash. I can't wait to see Mog...