• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:33:10 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Need some help with spriting...

Started by h0ndman2, August 09, 2010, 06:58:49 pm

h0ndman2

After I open up my game on Shishi and I get to see all curent sprites, what do I do next? I dont understand...

h0ndman2

Okay I found out. But I still dont understand 1 thing. Can someone please help me??
When I got a sprite imported, it doesnt appear in the game. What did I forget to do?

FFMaster

Pretty sure it will appear in a battle. On the formation screen, you need to do a bit more, but I don't know what. I'm sure there are some tutorials around somewhere, maybe the main site will have it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

h0ndman2

It works!
For spriting itself, it is really, really hard! On wich program do you guys do it?
And is there maybe some youtube guide for it?

Smash

Open up Ms Paint and draw. (Windows XP/Vista preferably)

The outcome is up to you and your artistic abilities/experience. When it comes to pixel art, programs can't do shit to help you; be it Photoshop, Gimp, Ms Paint, Graphics Gale, Pro-motion, ect.. All the same.

It's really strange to see people think of spriting as some sort of computer program thing.. Eh. It's just like drawing.

h0ndman2

Okay, I have Ms Paint of course. I draw nice with pencils, I hope I'll do fine with a mouse. =P
How come I can only use 16 colors?

FFMaster

Its the limit on the game itself. If you have more than 16 colours, things mess up bad. At least I think it does...
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢