• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:31:59 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

Mudvayne

You need a clean iso of FFT which shouldn't be too hard to obtain,a program to patch the iso with the JOT5 patch such as PPF-O-Matic, and the current version of the patch which can be found in a sticky in this section of the forums. Patch the iso with the JOT5 patch using PPF-O-Matic and youre good to go.

Guru

Awfully quiet around here lately. How's everything going guys?

3lric

No worries, we are still around :D

Nyzer was on a month vacation so we all took a break for a bit, since getting burned out sucks. But don't fret, work will be resuming very shortly now that we have a definitive list of Marks, I have a TON of events to make for them ;)
  • Modding version: PSX

Guru

No worries here  :mrgreen: Glad to here everyone is getting some well deserved time off, and hope you got to enjoy it!

RayKamiya

Speaking of people who disappeared....

HEY I'M NOW BACK AGAIN!!!!

3lric

RayKamiya

vegetadzp31

Just finished chapter 1 and i have to say it was amazing!!! Hope you guys still have it in you to finish up chapter 2.

Hyraldelita

they will , it would be a waste of time way too huge for them, not to finish what they started, after working 3 years over it XD
And we all are patiently waiting^^

KingUrameshi

3 years is really nothing when you see most indie games developed by actual studios taking around 10 years and they have not even a fraction of the quality that Jot5 has.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Nyzer

I've even learned how to break events in new, wildly horrible ways event, so I can work on all the Mark events.

I spent much of yesterday slamming my head against the keyboard trying to figure out what causes all active units to get a sudden case of aquaphobia because they will not obey commands to WalkTo water tiles. As far as I can tell there are multiple different types of event commands that will all separately cause this, and none of them are written erroneously, either.

In the end, I just gave up, and now I'll be making Ramza jump in the creek a different way. 

Pandemoniu

Quote from: nyzer on December 02, 2016, 12:48:10 pm
I've even learned how to break events in new, wildly horrible ways event, so I can work on all the Mark events.

I spent much of yesterday slamming my head against the keyboard trying to figure out what causes all active units to get a sudden case of aquaphobia because they will not obey commands to WalkTo water tiles. As far as I can tell there are multiple different types of event commands that will all separately cause this, and none of them are written erroneously, either.

In the end, I just gave up, and now I'll be making Ramza jump in the creek a different way.

Yikes!  :cry:

Who new it was that hard to get them to do what you want when you want them to.

RJ Cid

Had a quick suggestion... can you set Death Sentence to do 999 damage after 3 turns instead of instant death? The idea is that it stays basically the same on normal enemies, but on bosses with ??? HP, it could be strategic to cast it on them. I feel that this would not be OP in the regard that it takes 3 turns to work, and on bosses, 3 turns can take forever. That way bosses wouldn't have to be set to be immune to it. It's a Final Fantasy game that all about Tactics, so... yeah... Hope that helps  :mrgreen:

KingUrameshi

Quote from: RJ Cid on December 04, 2016, 06:45:45 pm
Had a quick suggestion... can you set Death Sentence to do 999 damage after 3 turns instead of instant death? The idea is that it stays basically the same on normal enemies, but on bosses with ??? HP, it could be strategic to cast it on them. I feel that this would not be OP in the regard that it takes 3 turns to work, and on bosses, 3 turns can take forever. That way bosses wouldn't have to be set to be immune to it. It's a Final Fantasy game that all about Tactics, so... yeah... Hope that helps  :mrgreen:

I think that would make Split Punch extremely OP.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

That would be way too OP unfortunately. The move still does damage, just cant inflict death to bosses.

Xifanie

Not only is that an awfully specific request that would be pretty hard to code, but you know, you can cheat and no one's going to judge you. We WILL judge you if you can't appreciate the new story and just fly through it though.

There will also be the FeelGood Edition which will add simple changes to make the game considerably easier.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Guru

Speaking of FeelGood edition.... Is developers edition still going to be released sometime? Or an even scarier edition?  :twisted:

Xifanie

I've seen about 10-12 requests so far to make the game easier on top of my own desires to have an easier version, but I can't say we've had anyone so far other than you request a harder version of the game... I'm the one in charge of the FeelGood Edition, and my plans mostly revolve around including most benefits of grinding into story battles: less grinding, less farming, less tedious. We can't just reverse that to make a hard mode.

Either way, we haven't seen the demand for it, but I guess it would probably just be about cranking up the enemies' levels and stats. Given the tools we have to work with, adding major changes could delay the release of a different version of the game by weeks. So hold your horses before you suggest anything.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Guru

Yeah, I mean if i'm the only interested in it, I don't even see a point. Of course who knows once the complete game is released, there might be more people  interested in a more challenging version. So maybe we can discuss it then or something. I mean editting dificulty would be something fans could even do too, since the story, events and hacks would all be done. Hard part would be actually increasing difficulty while maintaining balance and trying to decipher your system for storing data in FFTP. Course like you said, I'll just hold my horses for a while  ;)

Nyzer

Well, if you really hate yourself that much we could do something like increase the amount of JP required to learn skills and to get Job Levels. 600 JP to learn Potion it is! And job level 3 enemy Knights will have fully Mastered their jobs.

To help you figure out whether you're playing the "oh god why" version, we'll replace Snake with a poorly sprited Raiden.

But no, seriously, I can't imagine there being too much of a demand for a harder version. IMO, if you want a harder playthrough, you'd probably be better off with a self-imposed challenge of some kind, like never changing out of your base jobs.