• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 03:01:10 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

999 Fire and Non-elemental magic damage

Started by boch_v9, April 25, 2010, 09:29:20 pm

boch_v9

Hello, after a while y came back to hacking FFT and I found a little problem. I patched my FFT and every change was successfully done and everything going well but... after some battles I found that all fire or non elemental magic deals, always, 999 damage and I didn't change the X or Y values at those magics like fire 1/2/3 or flare, just modified the CT of ALL magics no only of those elements. Is there something you could recommend me to double check?
Also, whats the maximum of different sprites I can use at the same time in battle?  I remember I once hear there was a limit (maybe the reason of those Knight-full battles xD)

formerdeathcorps

The limit is 9 different sprites and 16 different units.  Two chocobos count as 1 sprite; a male and female squire count as 2 sprites.

As for 999 damage, what did you modify the CT to?  Also, did you change any weapons?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

boch_v9

I modified only the CT from most slow magic to be faster (like Fire/Bolt/Ice 4 CT from 10 to 7 or Cyclops from 9 to 8 ) and from weapons I made all rare weapons common and buy-able at shops (I'm having some troubles with this also, the weapons don't appear at the shop). Also I lowered the Atk of Knight Swords and changed some weapons status (like permanent Haste to initial from Excalibur).

What i find strange is that only fire and non elemental magic deals 999, every fire magic and the gun also or ultima, flare, odin etc. O:

Rythe

FFTPatcher won't allow any rare items from vanilla FFT in shops for some reason. If you open your patched ISO in FFTPatcher, you'll notice that no changes have been made to the shop inventories where rare items are concerned. I think you'll have to delve into the game's coding yourself, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

As for the 999 magic damage, did you happen to ASM hack anything? Perhaps you could open up FFTPatcher and take a screenshot of one of these abilities.
(>^_^)>----------------------@(>X_x)>
YO-YO'D

boch_v9

I am noob for this so.. whats "ASM"? =/

> ohh if you mean FFTorgASM, yes i modified some things (I don't remember them very well)

formerdeathcorps

You can make items more restrictive with FFTPatcher, not less.  This is because it doesn't actually write anything to WORLD.BIN, regardless of statements to the contrary.

If you removed faith from damage mages, then of course you'll deal 999 damage.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.