• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:14 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Orran Join simple mod

Started by Devix, May 31, 2021, 01:04:02 pm

Devix

Hi guys, I'm new here and I signed up because it is my intention to create a mod for fftwotl for psp.

Quite simply it is a mod where at the end of a certain event, Orran join the group.

I created a setup of the astrologer class based on the same orran in ffrk, so a sort of white mage/bard, making celestial stasis unlockable with 2500jp and nerfed it a bit.

Had no trouble using fftpatcher, it's very simple and using Lioneditor for the playtest it.

But it is not so easy to use "easyvent editor super perfect 2.1".
I understood that the appropriate event to insert the "join orran screen" could be the number 168 "meet again with olan" or at the same time as orlandeau joins, event 248 "rescue of cid".

The point is that I don't know how to write this event and insert it right after the various speeches or alternatively immediately after the orlandeau join.
I cannot understand, even in the case of orlandeau, what are the strings that allow a character to join the party.

My questions are:
It can be made?
Is Easyvent editor the right tool for what I intend to do?
Has anyone done this before and am I just wasting my time?

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Devix on May 31, 2021, 01:04:02 pmHi guys, I'm new here and I signed up because it is my intention to create a mod for fftwotl for psp.

Quite simply it is a mod where at the end of a certain event, Orran join the group.

I created a setup of the astrologer class based on the same orran in ffrk, so a sort of white mage/bard, making celestial stasis unlockable with 2500jp and nerfed it a bit.

Had no trouble using fftpatcher, it's very simple and using Lioneditor for the playtest it.

But it is not so easy to use "easyvent editor super perfect 2.1".
I understood that the appropriate event to insert the "join orran screen" could be the number 168 "meet again with olan" or at the same time as orlandeau joins, event 248 "rescue of cid".

The point is that I don't know how to write this event and insert it right after the various speeches or alternatively immediately after the orlandeau join.
I cannot understand, even in the case of orlandeau, what are the strings that allow a character to join the party.

My questions are:
It can be made?
Is Easyvent editor the right tool for what I intend to do?
Has anyone done this before and am I just wasting my time?

Thanks a lot, have a nice day!

Hey man. If you want to have him join with Orlandu, this makes most sense tbh.

You can add new dialogue his the event if you want. Or you can just have him join up in the evebt by flagging 'join after event' on him in the ENTD (found in FFTPatcher) that Orlandu joins in. It already should have the setup for joining after an event, since someone else does. So event work itself, is only necessary if you would like to add more dialogue for Olan or someone else in that event.

In which case you can edit the event (remove the text offset at the beginning) and then recompile it in WotL mode using EVSP.

Hope this helped
  • Modding version: PSX

Devix

Quote from: Elric on June 01, 2021, 02:28:25 amHey man. If you want to have him join with Orlandu, this makes most sense tbh.

You can add new dialogue his the event if you want. Or you can just have him join up in the evebt by flagging 'join after event' on him in the ENTD (found in FFTPatcher) that Orlandu joins in. It already should have the setup for joining after an event, since someone else does. So event work itself, is only necessary if you would like to add more dialogue for Olan or someone else in that event.

In which case you can edit the event (remove the text offset at the beginning) and then recompile it in WotL mode using EVSP.

Hope this helped

You helped so much! Thank you!

I want to create some new unique abilities for him ispired to his abilities in ffrk! I will search for some guides in the tutorial section!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown