• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War 2.031 - DOWNLOAD HERE!!

Started by 3lric, September 17, 2021, 03:00:04 am

ChuckyMclove

I have a question which one should I download? "The Lion War of the Lions v1.02.7z", Or "The Lion War v2.031.7z"

which is more updated? or better version? Are there many differences from one to the other?

Pliss Help-me
  • Modding version: PSX

RetroTypes

Quote from: ChuckyMclove on December 14, 2023, 01:30:03 pmI have a question which one should I download? "The Lion War of the Lions v1.02.7z", Or "The Lion War v2.031.7z"

which is more updated? or better version? Are there many differences from one to the other?

Pliss Help-me

TLW is all of the PSP content, added to the PSX version, modified to resemble the rest of the PSX content. Dialogue of WotL-specific content is redone to not be flowery and whatnot.

TLWotL takes TLW and makes all of it resemble the PSP version as much as possible. All the text/dialogue, the JP costs of abilities, the calendar, etc, all match WotL.

As for which to play, the biggest question is just which of the original versions did you like more? If you didnt play either, or dont have a preference between them, then the general consensus around here is to go with the PSX dialogue, and thus, TLW. Both have all the same content, so you wont miss out on anything regardless of which you choose.

Also, please dont double post the same thing across multiple threads. Thank you, and enjoy whichever version you end up playing!
  • Discord username: RetroTypes

Behemoth_

Hi, I'm having a real problem with this mod. This is the first time I've modded a game before. I've gone through the process correctly - patched the mod to a clean rom and uploaded it to the steam deck. It loads fine but the problem is that all the characters are about 5 spaces off where they should be. The shadows are in the right place but the characters are not. I thought this might be a glitch in the opening sequence (with the princesss and gafarrion) but once the battle commences, the same problem persists- characters in the wrong place, some of them floating. I cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so is it something i did or is it a simple fix? Sorry if this is a little confusing to understand i can upload some pictures if you like.

3lric

Quote from: Behemoth_ on February 25, 2024, 09:07:33 amHi, I'm having a real problem with this mod. This is the first time I've modded a game before. I've gone through the process correctly - patched the mod to a clean rom and uploaded it to the steam deck. It loads fine but the problem is that all the characters are about 5 spaces off where they should be. The shadows are in the right place but the characters are not. I thought this might be a glitch in the opening sequence (with the princesss and gafarrion) but once the battle commences, the same problem persists- characters in the wrong place, some of them floating. I cant seem to find anyone else having this problem so is it something i did or is it a simple fix? Sorry if this is a little confusing to understand i can upload some pictures if you like.

Use a different emulator

Timcappy

Heya, Im new on this mod thingy, I am trying to download the 2.0 file but whenever I finished downloading it and checking, it is always blank, I am using winrar and whenever I open the file, there isnt anything in it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: Timcappy on March 03, 2024, 08:42:30 pmHeya, Im new on this mod thingy, I am trying to download the 2.0 file but whenever I finished downloading it and checking, it is always blank, I am using winrar and whenever I open the file, there isnt anything in it.

1) Your antivirus might be derping it, for whatever reason (it's not a virus)
2) Your internet could be derping it
3) Third thing here

Try to download the patch on another device and tranfer it to the device you are wanting to patch it with, instead.

Krice

April 02, 2024, 06:41:00 pm #86 Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 01:25:10 pm by Krice
First off I want to thank you 3lric for making a mod that perfect an already perfect game for me. Like most other people here, FFT is my favorite game and the PSP added some really amazing things. You really put in the work to make this mod kick ass. Its reinspired me to run the game through again and try out some builds i never had the chance to run while I was playing the psp version. My friend and i fell through before we hit end game and i wasn't able to get the late game badass weapons. Now is the time! I did have a few questions. The first thing i noticed was when I played chocobo defense in chapter one i could only use 3 units but as soon as I hit chapter 2 i could put in 5. Not sure if this was a me thing or what but i was mainly running 2 custom units and Ramza only. The loot table is different to the psp version and I'm wondering what has all changed? is it just the scaling? Are the psp items in this mod like the rendezvous only weapons? I also like Ashley's abilities but was wondering if there was a formula for his damage with his abilities. Last i noticed i cant master a few other classes that you can in vanilla and the WotL version such as time mage. Is teleport 2 obtainable or is it in a permeant state of not being able to be mastered? Thanks again and really you rock!

Edit: So at the time i wrote this i had sunk about 20ish hours into the game and grinded out most of my characters. (not yet endgame) I was excited for the new game plus and decided to quickly finish the game after a little more grinding. After 30 hours i can gladly say my questions were all answered minus the rendezvous chocobo defense question. This mod is the best and im so glad i can sink so many more hours into the game. However i did set it up for my phone so i can play at work and i might have carpal tunnel in my thumbs soon. XD I'm also going to make a copy of the game and try to edit it so i can do some custom sprites. Thanks again! My gaming life finally feels complete.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Krice on April 02, 2024, 06:41:00 pmFirst off I want to thank you 3lric for making a mod that perfect an already perfect game for me. Like most other people here, FFT is my favorite game and the PSP added some really amazing things. You really put in the work to make this mod kick ass. Its reinspired me to run the game through again and try out some builds i never had the chance to run while I was playing the psp version. My friend and i fell through before we hit end game and i wasn't able to get the late game badass weapons. Now is the time! I did have a few questions. The first thing i noticed was when I played chocobo defense in chapter one i could only use 3 units but as soon as I hit chapter 2 i could put in 5. Not sure if this was a me thing or what but i was mainly running 2 custom units and Ramza only. The loot table is different to the psp version and I'm wondering what has all changed? is it just the scaling? Are the psp items in this mod like the rendezvous only weapons? I also like Ashley's abilities but was wondering if there was a formula for his damage with his abilities. Last i noticed i cant master a few other classes that you can in vanilla and the WotL version such as time mage. Is teleport 2 obtainable or is it in a permeant state of not being able to be mastered? Thanks again and really you rock!

Edit: So at the time i wrote this i had sunk about 20ish hours into the game and grinded out most of my characters. (not yet endgame) I was excited for the new game plus and decided to quickly finish the game after a little more grinding. After 30 hours i can gladly say my questions were all answered minus the rendezvous chocobo defense question. This mod is the best and im so glad i can sink so many more hours into the game. However i did set it up for my phone so i can play at work and i might have carpal tunnel in my thumbs soon. XD I'm also going to make a copy of the game and try to edit it so i can do some custom sprites. Thanks again! My gaming life finally feels complete.

Hey thanks man! I'm kinda persona non grata around here at this point but ill do my best to answer what I can off the top of my head.

There was a LOT of folks involved in this project, I'm just the frontman for it, as I am with most projects I work on. It would not have been possible by myself and we all appreciate your kind words.

1) For the chocobo defense, I've actually never heard of this issue. If someone else reading this can comment on that, I would appreciate it, as I'm working on a final final update with the 4th sound novel, and would like to get all bugs squashed, as I don't intend to ever revisit this mod again once it's out. (unless the update breaks more things, which they always do...) The squad ID shouldn't be changing for any Rendezvous, regardless of chapter, so i really have no idea how that could happen.

2) The loot table is the PSX version, unless you mean the Treasure Wheel for the Rendezvous, which was a wonderful work by Nyzer, he made a post somewhere in this section with the values and such iirc. Nothing from the vanilla stuff was changed other than a few things regarding guests.

3) It looks like everything else was answered when you finished the game lol

"Thanks again! My gaming life finally feels complete."

This comment right here, is exactly why we do what we do, and I am glad to have been a part of providing that to people, who like us, have a special attachment to this game.

Angelodeflo@yahoo.com

Wow this is an amazing find!! Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this and everyone else who's help!!

I currently just finished Tactics Orge and was dying to play this..., but is there any way to play this on a Modded PSP?

1)I know how to patch already
2)Can't seem to find an .iso for psx version, so I only got a .bin/.cue file --- then used win2iso to change it to a .iso file
3)Anything else after that ends up being corrupted on PSP

Hopefully I'm not doing it wrong 😅
  • Modding version: WotL