• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Mercenaries Art Thread

Started by LastingDawn, November 15, 2008, 11:37:47 pm

Kagebunji

December 17, 2009, 10:11:25 am #320 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
I will wait till those two weeks without school begin, then I will work on this :)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

December 17, 2009, 10:56:11 am #321 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
You mean the sprite?
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

December 17, 2009, 01:10:51 pm #322 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
That is great coloring for inspiration Kieth. From a spriting prospective the colors should all be doabled, the only think that might not work is the blond hair, it might have to be brown. I'm a little worried about the green, but if you use two different main shades of green with some shared shades it should work well.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

December 17, 2009, 03:17:01 pm #323 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kagebunji
Yeah Jimmy, the sprite. I'm no good at doing drawings. I hope the sprite section will revive during Christmas
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

December 17, 2009, 07:12:41 pm #324 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by jimmyjw88
Well, hope to see more sprites before Christmas hits. So far, only 3.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

LastingDawn

December 20, 2009, 03:30:58 pm #325 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
The colored Arbalist looks great! Though I agree with Cheetah that brown hair would probably look more fitting to the role.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

StaticLynx

Sorry to add to the to the already obvious, but when I orginally did him, the hair color was indeed brown, so I would appreciate it as well. <3
However I'd have to make a brash statement saying his color (Meaning uniform) is spot on, lime green as well as forest green. They were the exact shade as I planned them out to be, so thank you. Sorry for the contradiction Cheetah, but again this isn't my project so I really don't have the final say, but thank you so very much the Fushido looks great!
I can thank you enough for assisting me.

LastingDawn

Sounds good StaticLynx, very interesting details and welcome back.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Keith Kuruzu

Wow, it's been a while.  Sorry if it seemed like I abandoned everyone after Christmas.  A couple of personal issues in my life crept up on me for me to deal with for the New Year.  Everything's been hashed out for the most part so I can get back on track.

From what has been said so far, brown is the hair color everyone would like for the Arbalist.  No problem!  The fixed version can be found below.  If a spriter wanted to take a crack at it before I get the new version put up, go ahead.  

Now, as for doing a better job with the colors or shading, I seriously wish I could at the moment.  I never got around to refining that aspect of my art when I had the time back in college.  If anything, though, any future work I do with color will indeed be a learning experience, if that's not a problem with anyone.  >.<

As for what next to mock-up, the most obvious choice would be the Female Arbalist but I've had the Female Cantor in mind for some time now.  And then there's the matter of the Reliquians (sp?) since their overall design simply screams for some kind of FF2 tribute to be added into their art.

This new year is gonna be something else, that's for sure! ^_^

NOTE:  Yeah, I know I just dumped brown where the blonde used to be.  The learning curve hasn't started just yet.  >.<

jimmyjw88

Haha. Welcome back Keith. And don't worry about it too much ^^
Nice touch with the brown.

mav

Very nice, Keith; the brown looks good. Take your time on these drawings--we're just happy to see these things come to life in so many shapes and forms. Though I must admit that I can't wait for the next...

Keith Kuruzu

Hey everyone, this is just a tiny little update on the Male Gambler Character Art.  My girlfriend finally got around to coloring him for us.  However, she didn't want to color the original pencil sketch until I redid the quality and brightness of it (>.<).  She did, however, do an outline of the Male Gambler using her drawing tablet provided to her at her current job and colored that in.  She'll refine it later when she has time to spare in-between projects and possibly add some detailed shading him.  For now, however, we'll just have to make do with the Male Gambler colored as if.  As a bonus, though, she did him in two of his color palettes: the main one and I believe the sixth one down the line.  ^_^

As for the Female Arbalist, I'm going to start on her as soon as work tapers off a bit.  I just got a new part-time job and they gave me a lot of extra hours to work last week.  Seeing a how I wouldn't know when I could get hours like that again, I took what they gave me and worked 6 days straight.  It's not so bad since it's just part-time but standing up for hours on end can make one somewhat tired, I guess.  >.<

jimmyjw88

Nice. Though is his skin tone a bit too light?
And don't worry about being lack of updates. Slow and steady is always better than fast and rush work.

Cheetah

So very very cool. Great to see that you are still working on this stuff Keith.
Current Projects:

Keith Kuruzu

Oh, I don't plan on abandoning this project.  This is the most coordination seen on an FFT fan project ever and I want to see it through to the end, whenever that will be.  8)

As for the skin tone, yeah, it's a bit light.  She'll rework it and get that done at a later date, probably along with the shading if she decides to do that.

jimmyjw88

mav

That's really cool--I hope MiKe gets a chance to see this. Great job, Keith.

Keith Kuruzu

Hey everyone, I'm back for another update!  This time, my girlfriend did a quick coloring of the Female Gambler art that I put up in the same fashion as before (i.e. she did an outline of her and colored her in via her drawing tablet at work).  As a bonus, she did an alternate colored version of the Female Gambler which I actually like very much.

Originally, it looked like she'd go sleeveless and have fancy gloves ala FF9's Zidane but my girlfriend's alternate palette has her wearing full white long sleeves and red leggings.  Take a gander and see if you like it.   8)

VampragonLord

the sleeveless/bare legs version looks better but matching the gloves color makes it look like her arms are black or her skin is ripped off or some such.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

Very neat stuff. I don't know which version I like better--both have their benefits. I do think the version without tights could use a little tweaking though, especially with what Vamp just mentioned.