• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:32:11 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] ALL old topics created before the FULL release (Merged together!)

Started by Dome, December 05, 2010, 02:02:09 pm

Which one is the best, and why?

Ignore
0 (0%)
this
0 (0%)
topic
0 (0%)
!!!!!1111
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Dome

My idea (Suggested by Raven) was to add defend as an innate to everyone (After all, taking a defense position is a simple move) but also adding it to a skillset doesn't look like a bad idea...
Which one? Squire?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Asmo X

efrate

Took me 2 tries to find the exit, I searched every tile from the bottom to the next mostly level area from where you start.  Didn't find it.  Did it again, easy.  Second floor DD, using a guide to be sure I don't repeat that check every square thing again, all treasures, took me 3 tries. 

Super Robot wasn't too bad once I realized a few things, and since thank all that is unholy he doesn't regen, self destruct + climhazard + auto-raise = not too bad.  All treasures, found exit.  Did you alter any DD move finds or they all as in vanilla?  My 4th or 5th save the queen was disappointing. 

Also are you making all the DD same fight on each floor?  This intentional, or shall it be adjusted later.  Floor 3 before bed, assume I sleep today.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Dome

Those fight you are fighting are just placeholder
Every DD floor will feature 4 different fights :-)

efrate

Not quite normal skeletons.  Lovely.  Got a few ideas, think I got a strat to get by, quick question, phonix down, set % (10ish) of undead total health or is it current health?  Their reactions seem out of place as well, HP restore will only do 999 which is one hit unless I am missing and you're a bastard who does the full 9k or so, in which case screw you.  =-)  I'll try it tonight, time for sleeps now.  KNow what I am up against not, I feel a similar set up to the first battle will serve me well.  Checking a few things in patcher, if they're flagged immortal I am not sure how the reraise effect would work.  Time to find out!  

Dome

Tbh, I haven't made those fights, Voldemort did
I haven't touched the DD yet, I want to edit other things first :-)

RandMuadDib

For my patch i plan on adding it to skillset A9, and then making A9 innate to all with Xif's hack
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

May 24, 2011, 02:49:51 pm #927 Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:58:48 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
Bard and Dancer exist to reward the player for training a male as a mage and a female as a warrior.  Everything about those classes should reflect that, should you keep them.

A Bard should have MA-based weapons, along with instruments, R/S/Ms that boost magic and the Bards action abilities, action abilities that are MA based, and, considering his support role in FFT and the role of Bards in past FFs, those action abilities should be support abilites.  Like a song that adds Defending to all allies.  If you give the Bard the most powerful magic-oriented R/S/Ms, then he should have tougher requirements, like level 6 in the four mages, summoner, and mediator (or their equivalents in your patch).  But the problem with this is, if you make an ability Bard only, then you make it male only.  So the R/S/M that is on the Bard should be something that's useful and makes the male mage a worthy goal but doesn't make female mages useless (and the same goes for Dancer and her female only R/S/Ms).

Same deal with Dancer, but substitute phsyical for magical and offensive for support.  FF5 has some good ideas you could use, for both Bard and Dancer.  Neither class should be especially fast, though.

Meliadoul's problem, for me, is Orlandu makes her obsolete.  Same with Agrias.  I agree that the two most powerful breaks should be Meliadoul's and not Orlandu's.  If I ever finish my patch, Orlandu will be a sort of swordskill red mage; he'll have the 3 weakest Holy Swordskills, the two weakest Mighty Swordskills, and both the Dark Swordskills.

I haven't done anything with Beowulf yet, but just off the top of my head, why not give him Zalbag's skills, shock, and perhaps Alma's magic?  Because otherwise, you never get those skills for yourself.  But I don't know, maybe Ramza deserves Alma's magic, because the game does say that she learned them from her brother.

Some other ideas:

Should Miluda be a generic?  Should Izlude just be a level 8 Lancer?  Should all the unique-portrait generics have special versions of their class?

efrate

Allure on pigs doesn't seem to effect monsters.  This intentional?  If its something you did or is it something coded.  I need to know for my patch as well. 

Shade

In 10 monks battle it groghills there is one monk with Wark! skillset as secondary.
Edit: Actually there is two of them.
Edit: Balmafula is a onion knight(at first time when you meet her) and at doguola pass if go to the right corner and jump while you are in critical, you can sometimes see the character thta is jumping from the opposite corner(I think that is how it works, but I don't know more about that since I haven't bee there since storyline battle)
Edit: Now Balmafula is male squire, wtf.(second scene with her)
Edit: Balmafula is now onion knight, again.(fourth scene with her)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

H0RNEt

correct me if am wrong

- is this a easy mode of 1.3?
- what revision of 1.3 that u develop ?? 13040?
- Can  I use 1.3 website document  for class,item change  ?

sry for my bad english.

FFT Lover from Thailand

Dome

Quote from: H0RNEt on May 31, 2011, 12:45:34 am
correct me if am wrong

- is this a easy mode of 1.3?
- what revision of 1.3 that u develop ?? 13040?
- Can  I use 1.3 website document  for class,item change  ?

sry for my bad english.

1) Not completely. I wanted to make a rebalanced FFT enjoyable for noobs and pros
2) 1.3034
3) No, I changed a lot of things

H0RNEt

Quote from: Dome on May 31, 2011, 03:43:31 am
1) Not completely. I wanted to make a rebalanced FFT enjoyable for noobs and pros
2) 1.3034
3) No, I changed a lot of things

COOl ! am waitng for full release and full document ^^

any ETA for release?
FFT Lover from Thailand

Dome

Quote from: H0RNEt on May 31, 2011, 06:05:25 am
COOl ! am waitng for full release and full document ^^

any ETA for release?

Well, I'm slowly working on the next release, and it's mostly ENDT work (Slow and boring xD)
I think it's fine to say "Summer 2011"

Dome

Wizard is the magic class with AoE damaging-elemental spells, and, atm, Summoner does the same
What about turning the summoner class into something similar to FFTA's illusionists?
Low damage spells that hits all enemies? (one of each element)

This change has been implemented

Shade

Quote from: Dome on May 31, 2011, 11:33:45 am
Wizard is the magic class with AoE damaging-elemental spells, and, atm, Summoner does the same
What about turning the summoner class into something similar to FFTA's illusionists?

How about just turning every spell to a bigger AOE(bahamuth, leviathan)
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

Dome

Quote from: Shade on May 31, 2011, 11:55:40 am
How about just turning every spell to a bigger AOE(bahamuth, leviathan)

They would completely outclass black mages
I want every class to have an use...

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Dome on May 31, 2011, 11:33:45 am

It probably won't feel like summoner by then. You'll probably end up changing the class name and removing summoner.

Dome

QuoteIt probably won't feel like summoner by then. You'll probably end up changing the class name and removing summoner.

They would summon monsters to hit all the enemies on the field...I don't understand why they wouldn't feel like summoners anymore

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.