• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 05:57:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

color sprites question

Started by vaizard84, December 29, 2010, 04:03:09 pm

vaizard84

Well i managed to edit a lot of sprites in the game, but i noticed if i use a custom sprite on a job class that has different colors in battle and the custom sprite that i use, lets say for example cloud, only has one color, they appear as just black sprites. is there any fix to this?

Twinees

Easily fixable. All you have to do is add new palettes (for sprite and portrait). The palette table consists of 256 colours (16 rows) the 1st to 8th rows are the sprites palettes, the 9th to 16th rows are for the portrait palettes. To fix the black sprite thing, just add palettes by either copying the 1st row of palettes and pasting them in 2nd, 3rd etc rows or making new palettes in the rows.

(it would be easier to explain if i knew what program you were using to edit sprites with)

Hope that helps.
  • Modding version: PSX

vaizard84

ah i see, well i use shishi sprite editor

Twinees

oh i meant like paint, graphics gale, gimp or photoshop. a program like those will make it possible to edit palettes.

vaizard84

oh sorry lol that would be photoshop

Twinees

ok well then, go into the image tab -> mode -> colour table. then you will be able to see the palette. 1st row is sprite palette, 9th row is portrait.

vaizard84

okie dokie i will have to try it. is there any way to edit the game to not use more than one palette?