• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 06:11:29 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

DeadManWalking's Sprites: The Adventurer (Female)

Started by DeadManWalking, March 29, 2010, 03:51:13 am

DeadManWalking

Wait a second.  It might have gotten stretched in a bad way when I enlarged it, because that's certainly not what it looks like on the spritesheet in Graphics Gale.  Lemme check a couple of things.

DeadManWalking

Earlier someone told me the sprite looked too long and the hair was too high so I tried to fix it, it may have been based on a bad copy, so I tried fixing it again.  This alright?

jimmyjw88

Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

DeadManWalking

Well, here's the whole sprite sheet, I've trimmed the 'neck' part off of the sprites, hopefully that'll fix the problems some have pointed out.

jimmyjw88

Looks good except your read diagonal view (I only took a quick look, for now). His right arm looks like one pixel in to the left. Compare it back with Squire, its correct. So, I think is missing a pixel or two on his shoulder. Also, those black pixels beneath his head (technically the neck area) is standing out. Try shade it like the Squire. I know that Squire's cap (is it cap?) is overlapping that, though you can try shade it like the front diagonal view.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Do what Jimmy said, and REMEMBER TO SUBMIT THOSE SPRITES DAMMIT!!!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

DeadManWalking

lol.  I'll submit the sprites with this one once it gets finished, and I may wind up using the Agrias headswap as the female marshal.  It fits with this one.

mav

Overall, the sprite looks pretty good. I think the palette could use some serious tweaking, but it looks pretty ready otherwise. A slightly more custom portrait would help as well.

DeadManWalking

I think I might try switching the portrait base to the special squire portrait used in the first chapter 1 battle, but I don't know where to find it.

Kagebunji

I was using it once as avatar, I got it from some thread that is long forgotten (by me too), try looking at main site, there is a documentation of game's sprites where you can get portraits.

mav

DeadManWalking

*grumbles* Why did I wait until after I finished the tedius process of copying it from ePSXe and working out all the kinks before checking back here.

This is how mine turned out, though.  I'll work up a new portrait and fix the sprite and put it back up here.

DeadManWalking

Here's the portraits done on the new base, I should have the sprites redone later tonight.

DeadManWalking

By the way, while I'm at it, what was the problem with the palette?

Kagebunji

Y'know, I think problem wasn't with body, but with hair, this hair belongs already to a certain character(Kent if I remember correctly), try to change his face, eyes, mouth, ears, anything just to make it less Kent-ish.

DeadManWalking

I changed it around more than a little, I wound up trying to merge the current hairstyle with another one that wasn't used much in the game, same with the face. On a related note, I picked up the portraits to Gustav and Golagros if anyone wants them.

DeadManWalking

Here's the spriteset with my tweaks, it'll probably require some more, but eh.  I also slightly tweaked the portrait again, too.  I think this is going well for my first sprite that's more than just a headswap >_>

jimmyjw88

Well, his hair is now pillows, front especially.

mav

But that portrait is much more unique, fix up the hair a little bit and you'll be back on track.

Quote from: "DeadManWalking"By the way, while I'm at it, what was the problem with the palette?
In my opinion the pants are just too bright for this sprite, making him look a little strange. I toyed around with some darker hues and it really pulled the sprite together. You don't have to change it or anything, but take a look at it and GraphicsGale and decide whether you prefer darker colors or brighter colors.

Kagebunji

Portrait is pillowy, like Jimmy said, fix it up. And you left one of most importrant things the same- eyes. Change them to something you think fits.

Sprite is lookin good, but I advise doing what Mav said, it will look better