• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Terra Branford

Started by Smash, January 16, 2010, 10:46:26 pm

Cheetah

Wow her legs are getting super wonky on the walking animation. I think you are going to have to spend some time looking for some better references for bare legs. I'm not sure why you would do a new portrait when there are already several good ones for her.
Current Projects:

Lijj

April 18, 2010, 08:45:31 pm #161 Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:50:13 pm by Lijj
I think it's close to done. Fixed up some legs...
I tested her for a while using a party of different jobs replaced.
Having trouble with the palette for the portrait, when I put it into Shishi's. So in game all the colors distort. This happened last time too. I just don't have the drive to figure it out again right now, I forgot. Does anyone have a fast method of fixing this?
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Cheetah:You're right. Should be an easy fix though.

Cheetah

Are those attack animations working correctly? The hair on the rear walking animations looks a bit static.

For the portrait, make sure to be using Graphics Gale. If you look at a normally exported BMP from ShiShi in Graphics Gale and then look at your sprite it should be pretty clear to you wha tyou need to do to make it work.
Current Projects:

Lijj

They look pretty good. I'll have to realy go over everything again. Getting the hair to work was tedious. but at least i had what was the bandanna as a beacon. I need to fix her legs up a little too still. I need to take a small break, regain focus and make sure everything works. Thanks for pointing out the legs.

Kagebunji

I said it to you once, use Balmafula ponytail! What hell-ish possibility is there that ponytail on forward critical frame could fly? Same goes for rear side view, not a chance in hell for it to be in such shape.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Luckily the legs weren't as bad as they looked on that post. It's strange but when I saved it as png white squares appeared on the second row of the sprite sheet. Oh the hair... Kage you're dead right about the critical pose.  The rest looks good at least in motion some frames are a pixel or two off but I'm about to fix that. Her hair looks light& feathery in-play. What if I just shorten the ponytail a bit? I've got energy today.

Kagebunji

Definitly make it shorter. I personally love the hair, just ponytail shape on some frames seem off.

Lijj

Kagebunji, thanks I'm glad you love the hair! I fixed the walking back views and the critical... and it actually looks a lot better/ more acceptable. I ended up leaving the length. I need to fix the item face animation. Don't know if it glitched because of a clash between type 1 and two yet but I'll figure it out.
SEE
Edited(little white dots!)
It's still needs to be cleaned up I just want to know if you think this ll potentially work out

Lijj

Cheetah: I hope the legs look better. I think I was too focused on the hair yesterday to really notice how badly placed some of the legs were. I tested it in shishi's and a magnifying glass. But I know you must have a quick ability to see anomalies.

Xifanie

The back animation looks fine. But as for the front one...

[attachment=0:1ru6k8bp]flying_ponytail_of_doom.gif[/attachment:1ru6k8bp]
EDIT: BOING BOING
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lijj

It looks like its wapping onto her shoulder. Hehehe
You're right,
 too much boing boing. I'll fix it :)
lolThat cracks me up! The gif is saved as "flying ponytail of doom"
You guys are funny

mav

I don't like the hair, but I understand why you wouldn't want to change it. The changes to the portrait look great though. If you're feeling very brazen, consider removing the giant collar on both the sprite and the portrait. It'll be tough, but it may do wonders for this sprite.

Great job.

Lijj

editedIt ' s still got a bit of bounce. But it doesn't come down like thunder anymore :roll: )  [/size]
So it's not done yet-
Thanks Mav for the constructiveness.
I could take the collar in 1 or 2 pixels on each side without destroying it I think.
Or just keep some red trim there.

Lijj

Cut the collar offA little off (flashing purp).

Boxiii

That looks a lot better.

Lijj

Kagebunji

Hm, good work. Now show me the back walking frames >:)

Lijj

Well I'll post that tonight but you realize it wont be until very late for you. All the way on the other side of the world. Not to get politico here but I must give condolence to your former President. Seemed like he was doing the right thing.  (From here)

Kagebunji

Well, the media are making a hero out if him, but only thing he did was trying to uncover the truth of Katyń and he was earlier working in "Solidarność" and did some worthy things for our country. Other than that he wasn't all that good. But they did die in a tragedy, and about dead we shouldn't talk bad, so I better keep my mouth shut.

Yeah I will check it probably tomorrow, just be sure to post it.