• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:29:05 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

What feature(s) would you like to see?

Started by Eternal248, September 12, 2011, 07:10:26 am

Aquilae

I'd like to see flat stat growths across the board. It makes your characters more flexible and customisable, and they can freely switch jobs without having to suffer arbitrary repercussions. I think it's in line with PW's principle of encouraging creativity in setups IMO.

Also, if you have the slots to spare, I'd like to see more movement / support skills that give elemental / status resistance. It's a pretty sweet concept, and it's a shame that it's only used on the Elementalists' movement skills.
:gay:

Scearcely

personal opinion on w-evade?

nothing with more than 2 panel range should have any, except possibly longbows, but since longbows are by and large better than x-bows i'd drop it from them as well.

daggers and poles should be highest-- poles in particular, but I feel daggers, which quite commonly lose out to 1h swords when both are options, would be well served by the utility boost.  a -dmg for +defense tradeoff

1h swords, cloth, and non-2h spears next--- these would be the "standard" tier

wands and staves--- to reflect the mages are poorly trained in battle actions trope

forced 2h (greatswords, axes and forced 2h spears) should be lowest---- to reflect the lack of mobility any weapon that requires 2 hands to use will have, it'd be kinda difficult to swing a 5 foot sword around to block a xbow bolt.  a +dmg for -defense tradeoff

haven't got a class that can use katanas yet on my personal playthrough, so don't know if they're all forced 2h or not. tempted to lump them in with wand/staves either way.

this obviously shouldn't trump unique weapons like defender or main gauche, whose primary reason for existence is their abnormally large w-evade for their type(or for any weapon in the case of main gauche)

yes i'm aware this will make your thief class(bandit i think it was) somewhat extreme in terms of total evade, personally, i think its a good thing.  they're a commonly used foe, but tend to be equipped with the 2nd weakest weapons(daggers) can't use shields naturally, and have a non-damaging short range skill set.  players(at least ones like me) largely master the skill via random battles and stick it on a carrier who can better contribute to battle--my performer carries thief skills til i get an assasin.  letting them be an evasion tank via 1 RSM(instead of the 2 they currently need) and eating one equip slot(mantle accessory, since their off-hand would normally be empty anyway)  would help with a reason to be a bandit, instead of being simply a "learn the steals then never use again" slot

RandMuadDib

to offset the giant evade for thieves you could lower their hp a bit.... though i don't honestly know how low their hp is compared to other classes, so it might be too much to lower hp. i think thieves should be sneaky and squishy. like how mages are glasscannons.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

ReaperOfMe

1.) higher unit capacity if possible
anyone who likes having around all the story and side quest characters cant really play around with monsters or generic characters much
because they are restricted to only having 16 units total

2.) bring back the mimes
mimes are just about the best idea fft has ever introduced

3.) auto sort
when managing weapons/armours/items in the menu it would be wonderful to have a nice auto sort button that maybe
organizes items by damage or bonus' something good they left out of fft

4.) different job tree
most jobs are easy to bypass just to get to the next one leaving very little leveling at all 1-2 battles and you can move right along

Panda_Tar

Higher capacity is a very nice note!

Right now, it comes in my mind that your character may have increased FURY as you master a "warrior-like" job, whilst increased WILL when mastering a "mage-like" job. A small modifier, a boost, of 1 or 2 points.

• Modding version: PSX
Always interpreting the foul side of things makes you fouler still.

Eternal

Believe me, if I could feasibly add character slots, I would. Especially given you can recruit the Lucavi if you beat them in END in PW. :P
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Panda_Tar

Well, I'll just keep having 4 regular followers as I usually did, so I'll have room for new story characters and see what you have stored regarding any new goodies. I'm sure that I might consider dumping someone off after a thought or two.  :cool:

Eternal

Pretty much every character has been reworked in one way or another, so it's worth checking 'em out (especially Mustadio, Rafa, and Malak!)
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Panda_Tar

Roger that. I used to have Mustadio around very much. Those aims of his were just too useful. ^^ Rafa and Malak...I tried to persevere with them, but in the end I used Rafa as something else and Malak went into oblivion.

skiploom188

Features, hmmm...

Two things came out of my head:

1. Similar to ASM'd, you can change your units' names in the soldier's office. I don't like in-game names thrown at me everytime

2. In the shop, if a new item appears, it would be cool if it had a sign that its new. Like a "star" symbol on the left side of the item. Now it would be easier to find the new arrivals.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Eternal

You can already rename units in the Soldier's Office. :)

skiploom188

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Panda_Tar

thank God, because having a uribo named Lightning Bolt was too lame.

CT5Holy

Quote from: Panda_Tar on March 25, 2012, 07:23:33 am
thank God, because having a uribo named Lightning Bolt was too lame.

But that's hilarious :o

And to make this post not completely irrelevant, there needs to be a way to make guests join without spending their JP.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney