• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:41:10 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Journey of the Five Battle Logs

Started by Jumza, March 29, 2013, 01:16:44 pm

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

The Damned

(Ugh. I knew I should have posted this as soon as the last video uploaded, but no....)

Anyway, I'm probably going to be finishing up the last 20 battles or so in Ch. 1 this week even if it kills me just because I have other things to do and it's not like I have a life. I should be done by Saturday at the latest:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Let's Pretend to be Productive - Random Encounter 16 [43:38]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: System Error - Random Encounter 17 [30:44]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Please Move - Random Encounter 18 [17:10]

4. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Pale Rider - Random Encounter 19 [13:25]

I'll "fix" the descriptions in the last three when I get back in four-ish hours.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

brittmarv

Quote from: The Damned on June 04, 2013, 06:06:47 pm
(Ugh. I knew I should have posted this as soon as the last video uploaded, but no....)

It's cool. I had updated these to the wiki earlier today anyway, since I saw them on youtube. :)

The Damned

June 07, 2013, 12:33:57 am #204 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:27:41 am by Elric
(Ugh. I forgot Youtube was forcing everyone over to that stupid One design this week. Nice to know I can't upload background art so easily anymore.)

Thanks for the uploads/updates, brittmarv, especially since I can't even get the Wiki to load for me on this dinosaur of the computer. Maybe it's just Chrome though. I should try looking at it in Opera even though I haven't used that in over a month; maybe even try to see if I can see it in Firefox despite not using that all year.

Regardless, here are four more videos that I meant to post yesterday. If nothing else, I should be past Thieves' Fort by tomorrow now that there's a stable version of 1.95:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Dragons?! ...Balls. - Story Battle 8 [20:43]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: It Ain't Easy Being Easy - Story Battle 9 [21:26]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Night of the Living Unfair II: Bone Boogaloo - Random Encounter 20 [21:19]

4. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Plague Eyes Aren't Awesome - Random Encounter 21 [12:14]

I apologize for the audio on these. It's not horrible, but it's perhaps noticeably more compressed on at least a couple of them since I had to re-edit everything twice and some of those were from the already compressed .mp4 rather than the huge .camrec. I've thought of a couple of work-around to prevent it from happening again at least.

Other than that, there's a...decent chance my Internet may go out this weekend. So even though I have to do something rather personal tomorrow, I'll try to get up another four videos before Friday is over and that possibly happens.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

RavenOfRazgriz

The difference between those two battles is indeed your Level, The Damned.  Play those fights at ~L7 and you'll have the exact opposite experience where Sweegy Woods isn't too bad but Mandalia Plains can be Mandalia Hell.  Being Level 30something, you have access to easily-cast Round Trips, Melts, R/S/M selections, etc. that vastly boost your damage output against enemies clearly meant to fight a party that can only cast Round Trip once or twice without an Ether and have no realistic R/S/M options or Job options beyond Wizard/Priest/Knight/Ranger yet.  (That fight actually used to be much harder before I nerfed the living shit out of it, honestly.)

Sweegy Woods by comparison seems hard as balls because you're Level 30something without Level 30something gear to go with it.  This happens (to a lesser extent) in Vanilla too, such as @ Finath River during SCCs and SSCCs where you're far beyond the expected level curve and actually fight a competent party of enemy monsters.  It's just the change in play experience that happens from a ton of grinding - the game is generally made easier from it, but there are a few curve balls like Sweegy Woods that are made with the intent of keeping you on your toes even if you did tons of grinding and MFI'ing to get far beyond the expected power and level curves.

Barren

June 17, 2013, 04:20:39 pm #206 Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:02:06 pm by Barren
My first Jot5 vid in a while

FFT: Journey of the 5 Walkthrough Part 10
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Sub Temptation

Barren can you maybe tell me your settings on epsxe because I used it once on my phone and I like it much but Fpse went faster and smoother than epsxe and when I use toogle frame skip it is a bit lagging and my phone is not bad. Maybe the phone version is not as smooth as the PC one.

3lric

ePSXe doesnt have the same settings on android as pc.
  • Modding version: PSX

The Damned

June 19, 2013, 06:47:37 am #209 Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:48:02 am by The Damned
(Blegh. Sorry for the wait everyone, especially you, Raven.)

I'll edit the Munch thing in at the beginning of the next video, which is the story battle at Thieves Fort. I just forgot that said video was already 42:24 in duration because I made the decision to try to play the rest of the story battles at normal speed so that I can show off the great and extensive work the whole Jot5 team has done.

I also meant to link to these about 12 hours ago before I fell asleep, but I didn't. Go me:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Flattery Hits You Everywhere - Random Encounter 22 [19:34]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Run Past Through The Items - Random Encounter 23 [28:31]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.941: Snake-Women in the Grass - Random Encounter 24 [18:45]

I should also note this marks the end of the v1.941 videos. The next ones are all v1.952b, which I'll point out at the start of the next video with, gasp, a brief series of black screens.

Speaking of the next videos, the next set will be Thieves' Fort, Mandalia Plains "South", Lionel Castle and Mark 1. There will probably be a lot of cursing in that Lionel one, just not for reasons you'd expect.

The Damned

(Wow, editing this took forever. I'm really not looking forward to the hour-long story battle at Zigolis....)

Regardless, my lazy ass finally finished with three videos that are now publicly up. Please tell me if there are any errors considering there is a LOT of text, which is part of what took so long. What really, really took so long though is I had to edit in all the audio since I apparently had audio recording off for the rest of Chapter 1 like an idiot. Huzzah:

1. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.952b: Strictly Speaking, You Are Already Dead - Story Battle 10 [43:34]

2. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.952b: Cartography Lessons - Random Encounter 25 [20:02]

3. FFT Journey of the Five, Ch. 1 - v1.952b: Eternal Silver Meddlist - Story Battle 11 [37:54]

I'll again forewarn that I curse a lot in the third video.

I'll also "forewarn" that there will be only one video tomorrow, Mark #1's, due to the Zigolis Swamp thing I just mentioned. Friday will "probably" see four videos though just because I have a theme going.

The Damned

(I dislike double-posting, but....)

Sigh. The past couple of days, inclusive, have been so wasted. I should still be able to finish by Monday at the latest I suppose...provided my Internet doesn't go out given I'm finally switching providers. It's not like I'm going anywhere Sunday regardless, even if I "have" to go somewhere tomorrow now. Maybe.

Anyway, here's just one more video that took way too long because of lazy-ass distractions and more video editing than I expected since it was originally almost 4 GBs in .camrec form:

FFT Journey of the Five, Ch.1 - v1.952b: All Chidori to the Hypnotoad - Mark 1 [37:39]

I really do not look forward to editing Zigolis Swamp's Story Battle, which is what's next.

3lric

No worries on double posting here. This thread is mostly just for posting videos lately, and then they get added to the Wiki.
So if you have another video to post at some point and one else has posted don't let that stop you.

Also I would like to thank you all for the videos I've enjoyed watching them immensely.

Stann

3lric

Nicely done Stann. Though i did notice the talking scenes after the first battle were cut out. Was this intentional?

Stann

Quote from: Elric on August 07, 2013, 02:58:07 pm
Nicely done Stann. Though i did notice the talking scenes after the first battle were cut out. Was this intentional?

No, quite unintentional. I had issues recording the second fight and had to re-try the fight from the last save.

3lric

No worries. I could splice those scenes back into the video if youd like to make it complete but its not absolutely necessary except for people who havent played it yet since it explains some backstory

Stann

Ah, I wouldn't worry about it. I'll just make a note about it in the description, and if they're that interested in the story they can play it for themselves. :D

3lric

Fair enough lol, I'll be waiting for the next video.