• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:16:40 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

WLDFACE - Clean Portraits

Started by Lydyn, April 21, 2010, 03:54:10 am

Lydyn

It's 0150 in the morning and I've been searching all over the place for the answer to my question ... so I apologize if this has been asked elsewhere.

I'm using the FFT UNIT/WLDFACE program and finally got to the point where I can begin editing the portraits ... but, assuming I have custom portraits (of those like Agrias Redone and Beatrix) and even original ones with new palletes - how do I extract those 'cleanly' so I can simply import them over the old portrait? Thanks.

Mari

Do you mean from the sprite sheet?
If so, I'd say try this one out!

http://www.ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=10
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
As the puppeteer pulls His strings,
The fragile doll spreads Her wings.
To dance a ballet as He directs
That is the Curse of the Marionette.

Controlled by a hand far, far above,
Forbidden to care, forbidden to love.
Forever shall She mime what She cannot know,
Until the day She loses her illusory glow.

Propped up on a stilt where wine once stood,
The Marionette is, once more, only wood.
Her glossy eyes have lost their shine,
Her silken hair, turned to twine.

What a fate awaits the poor little doll,
Who dances and runs but cannot stand at all.
And the puppeteer is applauded at the end of every show,
But the audience's joyous response the doll can never know.

I am but a doll on an endless stage,
Dancing for others whilst I slowly age.
My puppeteer sits far above,
Hiding His face behind a white glove.

And when I have aged to nothing but wood,
I will be tucked away in a closet where a doll once stood.
Then, as I gather dust and the world passes by,
I will be forgotten by the vast, blue sky.

Lydyn

Quote from: "Mav"Hopefully you already have the portrait cropped out as a separate BMP with the correct palette. If not, proceed to do so.

Hm ... yeah. This guide is assuming you already know how to do it - apparently with some ease. Not that it's hard, but ... I tried copying the palette exactly and found out that not only do you need to copy the portrait's palette, but play a guessing game on how it's actually arranged for the colors to look right. =/

VampragonLord

box tool, super zoom in, get a perfet box around the portrait, copy paste it into a new page, that has the exact dimensions of a portrait (forgot the numbers, just math it from top left to bottom right when youre boxing).

try pasting the portrait, importing the colors, than repasting the portrait. thats what i normally do and the second pasting normally has the correct colors, not sure why.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Lydyn

Well, I've downloaded both GIMP and GraphicsGale, but I don't see any option to export palettes with either of these.

If only I could export .bmp sprite portraits instead of just sprite #1 ... *Sighs*

Edit: I cheated and took a screenshot, heh. It works though.

VampragonLord

graphics gale will let you, you click the little thing in the pallete window, save pallete, grab the colors you want, and then save it as a seperate file, then you load it back up in the new window
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

mav

I thought I left instructions on how to save and load palettes in the tutorial, but it looks like you've gotten it taken care of...

CHIMERA

Quote from: "mav"I thought I left instructions on how to save and load palettes in the tutorial, but it looks like you've gotten it taken care of...

OMG, Mav, your tutorial could not be more in-concise. It's indirect at times, and has unnecessary steps. Thanks for the well meaning intentions though.

mav

Hah, you're probably right. I haven't looked at thing in a while, but I should probably revise it some time soon. Actually, you're welcome to revise it where you feel necessary; I'm sure the community would appreciate it.