• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:56:43 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ZOMG! EPIC IDEA!

Started by Kupoe, January 21, 2010, 02:20:02 am

Kupoe

someone needs to do... Golbez! I got the perfect job set for him too lolz.

VampragonLord

k. well go download shishi and open up paint and take care of it.
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Knox

Here's my attempt, took about 35 minutes to get this much done, didn't really do it the traditional FFT spriting way, i was just trying to see what i could come up with lol.

I been doing larger spriting stuff for another game, so FFT spriting got a -little- easier for me.

Hope this isnt as bad as i think it is LoL

And yeah Kupoe, you should try your hand at spriting, who knows you might actually be good at it! You never know until you try, and tbh(tobehonest) all fun things take practice.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

mav

Interesting start--though the face doesn't quite look right and the gold trim seems nonsensical (especially on the knees). Also, Kupoe, official sprite requests go in the Official Sprite Request Section, which I'm sure you know now.

dwib

I did these 2 frames when I first started spriting... Needs more gold trim I think. Probably a different pallete too. And another shade of purple. I don't care.

VampragonLord

needs a bit more of a blue tinge and some gold trim.  also a bit more "bulk" wouldnt hurt

Asmo X

The camera is slightly angled down at the forward facing angles. Straight horizontal lines are generally not good.

Smash

Hmm.. Golbez..

40 minute sketch.. Nope. Not fun.

A sheet like this would take quite the amounts of skill and experience; I'd advice to reconsider.

mav

That is a beastly sprite, Smash.

Looking at all the sprites on this page, I can't help but think that Golbez is just not gonna work out in FFT. I'd expect his sprite to be mostly custom and it would be extremely challenging to fit all those details into such a small sprite. Like Smash said, it would take a lot of effort to do this sprite justice--hold off for a bit or collaborate for something epic.

VampragonLord

maybe if you made him as a monster sprite (like the demons) you would have more room and it would take less work?

jimmyjw88

HOLY SHIT!!! That's just sick man!!! But yes, I agree. Reconsider.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Smash

A sprite a day keeps the skills sharp.  :P

jimmyjw88

WTF??!! Male Squire?? Can't see him in there at all. AT ALL!!!.........Well, I see his hands and feets but that's it!! ><
Amazing, seeing how just a plain Squire able to transform into such beastly sprite. I love you Smash!! XD
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

And there are still 4 colors or so left, right? 40 minutes for one pose...I don't even want to consider how challenging the other poses will be.

Smash

Quote from: "mav"And there are still 4 colors or so left, right? 40 minutes for one pose...I don't even want to consider how challenging the other poses will be.
Nah.. The reason the concepts take long is because you have to figure out how to put the parts, work out how the shading will go and browse through palletes constantly till you find a good one.. After this, It's just copying out the same patterns repeatedly, which takes way less time.

jimmyjw88

This, I agree. Concept always...well mostly took the most time, just as Smash said; parts, shadings and etc. Once you nailed the concept, the rest should be okay. Not to say fast and easy but at least consume lesser time than concept.

SilvasRuin

I don't know, I think I favor making him a monster sprite instead of a human.  He's supposed to dwarf all the other villains of the series after all... I mean, the guy's a giant.

mav

Weird, I would have expected some of the custom poses to be more difficult, but you guys know what you're doing, so I'll take your words for it.

Oh if Golbez was a monster type sprite, what size would he be? A size more like Velius's or closer to Altima's size?

SilvasRuin

I would go with Velius.  Altima is getting too big for even Golbez.

Knox

You've got to show me how to do that, Smash- Seriously. Lol
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem