• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:13:53 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

[NUDITY] Demonic beast

Started by Smash, January 08, 2010, 04:19:10 pm

Smash

Something surely caught your attention, heh.

Now on topic. This was something I've been wanting to do for a while in FFT, and I think I've gathered the skill enough to do it now.

FFT Lamia monster: (Design WIP)

Its a custom design influenced by early FF lamia designs, mostly FF5's. Im working the concept art first to then tackle the sprite properly.
Details:

- Big, scaly body and claws
- Main color will be gray
- Female body is intended as a lure, for the beast to daze knights with spells or even slash away
- Lamia will have a relatively sized knife
- Charm, sleep, disable, confuse, ect
- Water elemental (Undead?)

Throw your heaviest crits in now, as im at the first stages of work! Doing so later may be too late!

SilvasRuin

QuoteSomething surely caught your attention, heh.
I thought it was going to be something stupid and childish until I saw that you were the poster, so your name is what caught mine.

Certain parts of it fail to be seductive.
The lower half plain and simply looks fat and draws too much attention.  Looks more like the shape I would expect for a monster slug or sand worm.  The base just below the torso needs to be big enough to support the torso, sure, but it could use some slight slimming there and the rest of it really could use some thinning and elongating.  FFTA and FFTA2 kept the sprite size down by hiding a fair portion of the tail behind it, so that is probably what you should do as well.  You might not be inclined to use visual tricks like that, but I think it would look better for it.
The upper half is where focus should be, and hopefully will after the tail is less of a blob and more of a serpent.  Thing is, though... looking at the upper half, the first thing I'm going to notice are those claws.  Yes, she needs to be able to scratch and claw, but when her natural weapons are THAT obvious, that is going to definitely instill some caution in some people.  I think her hands should be more human and her claws more subtle.

That said, I find your work awesome and am eager to see more.  I think you can do wonders with this, and I'm sure you can make some grand improvements, as always.

mav

I agree that her lower half look really big and that her arms need some revision, but those are also the least detailed parts right now, so I may be off base. I hope that you will be able to convey her nonchalant allure in the sprite; that's definitely gonna be tough. She could also look a little more savage, but whatever. My main concern is that you stay away from the cobra look they've given her in the newer FFs, like FFTa...I mean what man is attracted to a giant cobra woman? If the creature has a beautiful woman's upper body, then I can see why some poor blokes would fall for her.

I've always been partial to FFIV's Lamia (which was pretty much just a naked chick with a serpentine lower half). Then again, the only difference between FFIV's and FFV's are the way the upper bodies are positioned (laying down and upright, respectively).

This is a great sprite idea, please complete it.

Jon

Interesting...FFT was lacking tons of aquatic/water based enemies, this should fit in nicely to custom projects. As for the design, I always imagined Lamias were sort of like the mermaid's evil sister, in other words very very alluring upper body like a woman (just like Mav said) and I think that the lower body should be similar to yours but slimmer. As for the claws, I don't know man, it seems just a little wrong somehow, if you pick between the two, go with knives...well imo...I am looking forward to seeing this come alive ;)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Smash

Note that my goal is not to have a flawlessly seductive woman body on top, but rather something beast-like, with scales and claws distributed here and there. It's supposed to be a monster, shaped in a similar way to a human body enough to be distinguishable, but not exactly like it.

Also, I take it it's not by looks alone that the beast charms men, but more by spells and the like. The appearance may serve at first to perplex and distract the men, giving the beast moments to strike.

Well, I fixed some stuff now

EDIT- It struck me now the idea to radically change the pose to a forward/kinda lunging one. Opinions?

SilvasRuin

The pose change sounds good to me.  Right now she seems as if she might be meh about asking for a hug.  Neither threatening nor seductive in my opinion.  The pose you describe would also fit the more feral feel you say you are going for.  Go for it.

mav

I too think a lunging-type pose would fit the character more.

Quote from: "Smash"Also, I take it it's not by looks alone that the beast charms men, but more by spells and the like. The appearance may serve at first to perplex and distract the men, giving the beast moments to strike.
Hmmm, very interesting; this would definitely make sense with a more beast-like appearance.

jimmyjw88

This is great. I really like her head. Hope that you're going for cobra head. The new one looks better.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I like this one as well, I wanted to sugest few things about making her slimmer, but your point is reasonable. But still, how will you do this huge tail into sprite? She will be Lucavi sized? Hovewer I hoped you will finish wyvern :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Smash

Im planning on remaking the wyvern, btw.

Also:

Dear fuck, I need to learn to pixel faster.

jimmyjw88

Ah, that looks great!! But it looks slunt to her left a little bit. Overall, great work ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

dwib

the serpentine part of her body flares out a bit right after it starts and looks weird and fat. or she's just got an ass in dem scales

mav

This pose looks much better, though I do agree that the bottom half could be a tad bit skinnier, but it's no big deal.

Smash

It is.

This is a quick pose fix and bucket fill color preview.

I'll go ahead and make the 32x48 portrait first, and then follow below.

Smash

The japanese will jump out of their seats once they see this one.

12 colors. 11, lest for the red pixel in the eye.
This way, I have 3 more colors to spend on the rest of the body.

Cheetah

This is very freaking awesome Smash. I would recommend moving the eye down one or maybe two pixels, it seems a bit high right now. You might be going for it to have less definition though and have it shadowed, but I feel like it needs something. What do you think you will be using the extra colors for on her body?

Also I like the idea of doing a portrait sized version of the sprite. Is that a knife held upside-down in her left hand?
Current Projects:

Jon

I think he will spend the other colors on the snake part of her body...and its a very nice portrait. Is that a helmet/tiara thing she is wearing or is that skin? Keep it up Smash!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

jimmyjw88

My gosh...The mug is fucking amazing!! Actually, I kinda like the current positioning of her eyes but perhaps lower would be better instead ^^
Wow...3 colours for her entire snake body part? This is gotta see ^^
So looking forward.

mav

Damn, that's a bright eye, but it looks good on the scaled down version. She would probably look even more menacing if her eye was completely engulfed in shadow, but that's your call. This is a very cool project--I can't wait to see more monsters added to the submissions page.

Vanya

NICE!! I was already planning to use the Lamia as a new *special* monster in my hack, but I was just going to use the one from FFTA2. However, this looks like it'll be freakin' awesome! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯