• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

theultrawolf

Hmm, but aren't kasanek/kasanem like a conglomerate of all female/male class sprites? and hmm, to me, it looks like he, the bald guy who looks like Zalmo, and the (semi) unused young priest could have been part of some scrapped flashback or maybe more inquisitors to back up Zalmo in one of his fights...?     
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

cingin

Started a sheet, did a couple stuff. If anyone else wants to continue feel free (If no one else does, I will finish this once I complete my dwarf viking)

Kagebunji

This guy was supposed to be young Simon, if anything, Look at the resemblance on portrait. Cingin, are you recoloring him by pixel? Manually? It would be way easier to just change Simon's palette to this one, it would save you time and leave just the heads.

Now that I look at simon's sheet, I feel tempted to do something with him, lol.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Do we have any winged humaniod sprites?  I'm thinking of doing an Ogre Battle FFT mod.  Hawkmen are what I'm talking about.

Lijj

We one made by Twinees... it's on the main custom sprites page.
  • Modding version: PSX

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

cingin

I didnt know there were programs that could instanta palette change stuff.

Wolfran

Graphic Gale and Xiff's pallete editor could help. I think Xiff's editor is in the hacking section.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Diil Fenrir

Odd request, do you have a monster template? I'm working on an angel creature and on the lucavi and I want to use Antima for the base but she is a "Special" Sprite, and i want to convert her in a monster sprite...
W.I.P.

Kagebunji

This might help you, but this is for monster sheets. Lucavi use very similiar ones. If you need Altima's sheet, I will get you the one Smash made.

http://www.ffhacktics.com/wiki/Monster_Animations

djd92

Sprite request :) could someone make a sprite of asch the bloody from tales of abyss?

Eternal

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Author

July 01, 2011, 06:35:03 am #1092 Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 07:24:09 am by Author
Perhaps "Official Sprite Discussion Thread"?

That's what seems to go on here most of the time anyways.

Hell, Sprite Help Thread would work just as well, considering it's a toss-up between "LERN2SPRITE" and "Generic Discussion".

Honestly, I'd love to sprite if I could muster up the bloody energy to do it. Considering my depraved sleep hours, I'll probably start spriting sometime next week.

MysticKnightFF5

Why? This name is honest and gives noobs a good idea of what not to do on their first day.

Cheetah

I love this thread, it does exactly what it is supposed to. I haven't had to lock a sprite request thread and then delete it in a very long time.
Current Projects:

Grond

Personally, I don't think that the goateed priest portrait goes with that blue-robed priest sprite--they look too different. It more likely goes with the unusually-robed priest who sits on top of kasanem.spr.
You can see here where I paletted him and started trying to crop out the mess around him:

But ultimately, I decided it was too much trouble, and also the lower half of the spritesheet is missing anyway. So I just did a headswap/repalette of a Simon-style priest instead. You can see the differences between the two types here:

I'll post up the priests I've complete here, if anyone wants them (no "blue 'stache", since he doesn't seem to have a portrait available):

(Mitre-less version of the last guy is already available in the custom sprites section.)

Eternal

Very nice. I'll have to fit these in somewhere.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kagebunji

The guy on the left here is ten times better than existing priests. I always wanted a robed priest that doesn't have such a big robe. If you could get his whole sheet, you can be sure that I will work on this priest. How did you get this anyway? From what I recall it is just a red shape in ShiShi.

Grond

The priest on the left does sort of look better, despite not not being quite as detailed!
You can get him to show up in kasanem by changing the palette values around in an image editor like photoshop. All 16 color values are present in the .bmp when extracted from shishi, they're just all filled with bright red by default.

I'm guessing that the second half of the spritesheet, along with all the other sprites that are under this one, lies compressed in that static-looking mess of pixels/data at the bottom of kasanem.
However, I don't know anything about compression/decompressing data, so it's up to someone else to try to extract all the sprites. Which would be awesome, because aside from this priest, there could be other interesting sprites buried in there.

Kagebunji

I don't have head for this kinda stuff, sadly. But I could surely clean up and detail the priest. I like his design. I will ask around if someone could try compressing/decompressing the data.