• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:05:22 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Call for power

Started by Kokojo, October 10, 2008, 12:23:44 am

Kokojo

October 10, 2008, 12:23:44 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Call for power
Revenges on the gods.

My son...
Place the beoulve name high in your hearth, and seek power, for it is the only thing that can make you survive... friends are no friends, they are tools you should use to become stronger and rule over all. I could't succeed because of my illness, but look how strong you've become! Make me proud of you.

And if you ever come over to god, smack him for me... he made me die...

In this pacth, Ramza is the main antagonist...and you play as him! People are good, and you're the bad guy ! There will be some major plot twist accordingdly to this.

Apetisers :

Afther chapter 2, Algus will be your friend, Delita your mortal enemy.
There will be a good and evil set, one focus on brave, the other on faith  !
Major skill, class, and more revamp. (Good vs Evil, of course)
Most battle will be, focusing on Low hp/high attack power versus Mass enemy/small attack power.
Event editing, possible changes depending on what happens.
New sprites, new story, new blablabla...

I finnaly got rid of 90% of my problems (Using Cdmage unblocked me) and ready to make something nice ! I just need to finish the story in my head, play around with the event editor (Il get the hang of it soon...) and do a lot of text changes !

Il also look at the maps and try some changes, see if i can change it (my dream!) The story is mostly put out, i just need some fillers (explanation for some battles...) and to do the major changes : to be honest, i did almost nothing right now.

I am looking for partners, notably for :

Balance  - I tend to unbalance...
Sprites - Always usefull, and i don't like doing them.
High-tech help - I mean, anyone pro with events or so can really help.

This was my announcement, screens comming asap.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

KazeKasano

October 10, 2008, 12:40:01 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by KazeKasano
If you can find a place to use the Firion sprite I helped finish, that'd be cool. It's due for a portrait update very soon, as my avatar shows.
We will build cities in a day, we will build towers to the heavens. We will be heroes.
This sleeping city doesn't know what's coming. She doesn't feel the heat.
Even when the darkness surrounds us, we shall light up the night.

Bastard Poetry

October 10, 2008, 04:47:30 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Bastard Poetry
I approve.

Villianry, for the win!

And Balbanes' dying words about smacking god = ellowell, big time!
Final Fantasy Tactics - Thief SSCC:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL73FB72C01D917FD6&feature=viewall

(Fully recorded LP; successes, failures, and most things inbetween)

Archael

October 10, 2008, 08:38:46 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
QuoteApetisers :

I am so frikken hungry right now.

I suggest you stop by the FFH chat if you want help with stuff from others, it's a good way to get things done.

DarthPaul

October 10, 2008, 09:07:55 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
hmmmm similar to the "Bid for Power" ive been working on O_o
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Kokojo

October 24, 2008, 04:34:00 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
UPDATE 1

News !

I've got more deeper into event editing THAN...some people. I did change a few things, learned camera maneavers (not well, though) and some things like weather, events and such (i could make a choice event happen, if i forced myself)

However it remains looking like normal, since i din't changes sprites or names text yet.

Story-wise :

I am actually almost finished with the plains, my second event, where you meet ''Algus''(TBR), your main ally. He's attacked by ''Rad''(TBR) and ''Celia''(TBR), accusing him of the leader of the Kyarl order... What is it ? Find out in the next epidsode. Image below tells you why Ramza helps him.

Changes :
-I love crossbows. A big + on range and firepower. THEY WILL OWN :D
-Cursed ring nows give ''Dead'' status. Cinematic purpose.
-New class  : Shrine Knight, special unit. He uses lock-on skills and persistance, so if he use one skill on you and dosen't do anything else, he continues casting it every few turns. Still in test progress.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Archael

October 24, 2008, 04:37:14 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
what is going on in the story at mandalia there?

Kokojo

October 24, 2008, 08:52:17 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Ramza has to announce the dead of Balnabes at Igros... in fact, go take command at Igros, beacause not only his father left him a heafty sum, he left the entire Igros castle command to Ramza. We will see what happens then.

But on his way, he sees Algus(TBR) being attacked for some weird reasons he dosen't hear...

What will happen ?

Kokojo

December 04, 2008, 11:21:26 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Updatezors.

New changes (non cannon for now)

The story is setting itself up, rest to decide if i shall go toward a completly new story or keep some things new, or just make ''What if Ramza liked power'' change.

NEW :

-Crossbow balanced, again
-Storyline decision making in progress..
-Some minor text edits.
-Most jobs will be changed, already my ideas on this. What will remains is the Knight, archer job and squire job, and they will be all tweaked.

Mostly to let you know that i am still alive, and a reason to post a poll about it.

DarthPaul

December 04, 2008, 11:23:44 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Remzald I thought Algus's last name was Sadalfus or is this a clever plot twist O.o
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Kokojo

December 04, 2008, 11:30:13 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kokojo
Quote from: "darthpaul"Remzald I thought Algus's last name was Sadalfus or is this a clever plot twist O.o

Clever plot twist, i just want to change some things, and keep others, but i am not sure people can keep up with this.

I mean, i want to change Algus name, sprite, and the rest too.