• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:02:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Souls of Destiny: Full 4 chapter update patch

Started by CONMAN, November 15, 2012, 10:37:44 pm

CONMAN

I can't be bothered to make flashy title screens for videos.  I sort of struggle with the double edged sword of what to show of on a video too.  I want something eye-grabbing and that pretty much leads into spoiler territory. 

Part of the purpose of these videos was to catalogue issues that needed to be addressed.  Some of the time I immediately fixed issues that pop up right after recording because they were too frustrating to see (like Thor's ugly portrait).  Once or twice I think I actually fixed the issue before recording (like missing music.)

• Modding version: PSX

CONMAN

CONMAN

FINAL VIDEOS AND END GAME SPOILERS!

CONMAN

Slowly working on some stuff here.

I'm updating the main post with a thank you credit. It's a bit of a work in progress, but there is a lot to track!  Let me know what's been missed!

I'm replacing the oracle job class with druid and replacing mediator with mesmer (name?) and have three quarters of those sprites done.  I've been considering swapping out geomancer for something else.  Beefed up the "feral" on the last patch release and will probably do the same to "sage" here at some point. 

After making a male "mesmer" sprite, I think I should get to a good cleaning up of events.  It's not as exciting as making new boss sprites or completing my version of the deep dungeon.  Having cleaner events would probably be the biggest improvement.

Katanga7

HEY!! So Im almost finishing chapter 1 and I notice that steal and buff abilities are 0 percent chance... is that a bug of some sort??

CONMAN

Unfortunately, on a few different emulators this is a problem with a few abilities.  Especially those used by Lala.  Oddly enough, this doesn't happen on PsxFin (PSX) but does seem to happen on duckstation and some versions of ePSXe.  I'm hoping this is due to a couple of older hacks that can be replaced.  At the moment, it isn't figured out.

CONMAN

I have been progressing though some fixes and general updates.  I wanted to release a bigger overhaul patch before putting another one out, but making SoD playable on newer and better emulators seemed like something that shouldn't wait.

1. Fixed an old buggy hack broke some skills on duckstation and some versions of ePSXe.

2. Changed the barehand formula to create a little less brokenness from the mc as well as the formula for Chelsea's shadow fist.

3. Swapped out the mediator and oracle classes for "Mesmer" and "Druid"

4. Made several event/text/map edits

Andre Pratama

wow this is amazing i really enjoy it

Marotaum

Hi, is there a complete walktrough of this patch?

I've been wandering if i lost any secrets or itens.

CONMAN

Unfortunately I do not have a walkthrough for this.  I can tell you that I pretty much ignored the use find items except to remove some things that would be over powered.  If you check all the bar rumors for side quests you should get all the the secret characters (I tend to give special equipment just for completing battles) also, the one secret move for the MC is a learn on hit ability that is used in a side quest.  It should be pretty clear thematically which battle is a learning experience.

Marotaum

Tyvm for the reply. i belive i've found everything them.

i just started the cave of ilusions and had a blast playing some of the battles and realised the secrets there work like the OG version, tyvm for the great content.

coldds

Hi Conman,
you mentioned that some adjusts on deep dungeon will be added in the future.
Do you plan to add more battles/items/quests or this is the final version, and future patchs will be focused in bug fixes?

CONMAN

Hey coldds, I am pretty close to releasing a bug/text/deep dungeon fix version. I do indeed plan to release an expansion with additional side quests and an end game super boss in a bit. My estimation on that would probably be like 4-5 more months, but I can't quite be sure. 

DanCo01

Quote from: CONMAN on September 23, 2022, 10:12:20 pmHey coldds, I am pretty close to releasing a bug/text/deep dungeon fix version. I do indeed plan to release an expansion with additional side quests and an end game super boss in a bit. My estimation on that would probably be like 4-5 more months, but I can't quite be sure. 

Hi Conman

I am currently playing your mod and i am very impressed so far but i had a question regarding some special enemy characters i am wondering if they are recruitable? such as using Lalas 'tame' ability or as an orator using Entice
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: DanCo01

CONMAN

Sorry DanCo01.  You cannot recruit those characters.  There are 3 extra recruits form the rumor side quests, but none of the story/random battle specials can be recruited.  Long term, I would like to add several more side quests could lead to a couple more recruits.

CONMAN

Just released a cleaner and updated version of the patch  with a complete deep dungeon and a whole bunch of other stuff.  Here are a couple more video!

coldds

I have some questions:

1/Can Connor (or other character) learn Ultima from Ramza in Goland Coal City battle?
2/Will my save break in this new patch?
3/All the new custom musics are bugged for me. Could this be related to the emulator that Im using or some kind of configuration that needs to be added? I use DuckStation

This mod is awesome, thanks :)

CONMAN

There are a couple of songs (specifically 2 used for random battle) I've been thinking I just need to replace but it is a struggle to convert. Outside of those couple it shouldn't be too funky.

The MC can gain a secret ability in a chapter 4 side quest.  No one gains the ultima ability.  Also, no one can learn "Zodiac" because it has been replaced.  I considered making it's replacement learnable, but chose not to.  Depending on player choice, that ability can be used in the endgame.

There shouldn't be an issue with using your save on a new patch. There wasn't any story progression variables or such changed, but a few of the map colors in chapter 4 were fixed.  I don't believe that there should be any issue with reusing your save on the new patch.  Cleaner, events, new maps, and some various late game battle/equips saw some rebalance.

BTW the deep dungeon (cave of illusions) doesn't require finding tiles anymore.  All you have to do is defeat all enemies to open the next map.

-edit- the music seems to run fine on psxfin, which I mostly run on.  It's possible that it is off using duckstation.

bajibarg

H, I just started playing this patch and wanna say it looks really nice for now. Thank you very much for all the work on this. I wanted to know if there is a guide or something somewhere for all the choices, jobs, sidequests, character, etc?

or may e a discord server to go and ask for help.

Thanks again for this game. fft was already amazing and having a second one to play is Awesome!!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

There isn't any real big secrets.  Pretty much rumors should lead to all of the side quests and the main character can learn a secret move from one them.  There is a member of the beoulves with a stat down ability that joins as a guest.  Abuse the heck out of it when you can.  I will say that Lala and Jenna have a few abilities that can be life savers. Luck ups the % chance of several abilities, interceptor can stop spell casters in their tracks, barrage can be excellent in tight quarters and Jenna's insta-cast self reflect is highly situational.