• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:57:05 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Oil status and Elemental Sword Skills in TLW?

Started by VoiceChatty, February 18, 2022, 08:55:02 am

VoiceChatty

Hello! New to the forum. Found TLW after browsing several hacks/tweaks for the PSX and PSP versions of the game. Still trying to figure out what I'm actually gonna play, but TLW seems like the best choice - especially since it's compatible with Quality of Life Pack: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12769.0

I wanted to know if it was possible to modify the vanilla mechanics concerning Oil status and Elemental Sword skills to use with TLW. Specifically, there's another mod "FFT: Prime" that was built on FFT: Complete v.50 which included the following:

QuoteAll formulas apply elemental (v2) - Fixes the Oil status bug by making it double fire damage properly and sword skills with an element attached will now actually apply these elements, taking precedence over the element on a weapon like the Ice Brand. Holy Sword skills are all either Holy or Lightning/Holy elemental and Fell Sword skills are Dark elemental.

Is this change already implemented in TLW or Quality of Life Pack? Would it be possible to add it (or even worth it)? Should I just forget about it and play the damn game?

Thanks for all the great work, hope to enjoy it soon.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
  • Discord username: VoiceChatty

3lric

Quote from: VoiceChatty on February 18, 2022, 08:55:02 amHello! New to the forum. Found TLW after browsing several hacks/tweaks for the PSX and PSP versions of the game. Still trying to figure out what I'm actually gonna play, but TLW seems like the best choice - especially since it's compatible with Quality of Life Pack: https://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12769.0

I wanted to know if it was possible to modify the vanilla mechanics concerning Oil status and Elemental Sword skills to use with TLW. Specifically, there's another mod "FFT: Prime" that was built on FFT: Complete v.50 which included the following:

Is this change already implemented in TLW or Quality of Life Pack? Would it be possible to add it (or even worth it)? Should I just forget about it and play the damn game?

Thanks for all the great work, hope to enjoy it soon.

Forgot about it and play the damn game
  • Modding version: PSX

Akashachi

Is it possible to add? Yes. There are hacks available on the FFTPatcher suite, through the FFTOrgASM tha can do something like that. Is it worth it? In my opinion, not really. To do so, you would need to learn how to build your own TLW with the Resources available on the page, learn how to set up and test ASMs, find the one that does exactly what you are looking for and solve any conflicts that may arise for something that will barely affect the gameplay experience overall.

VoiceChatty

Thanks for the responses. The two patches are more than enough for me, just wanted to see if there was anything else I could easily add to the experience. If someone else wants to take on something like this, be my guest.

For me, I applied both patches and it's running great so far. Forget about it, Imma play the damn game!
  • Discord username: VoiceChatty