• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:58:00 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

User made sprites - could I use them in a free project I'm working on?

Started by nattle, April 27, 2021, 11:29:42 am

nattle

I'm working on a couple watch faces for Fitbit OS. These would be free, I'm not looking to make money, just to share the work I've done. My main question is would it be cool for me to use the fan made sprites on this site?

I've got another weekend of work to clean things up and then the only major hurdle is that I don't have rights to the sprites. I'd like to include the character standing sprite in the lower left but can't use the official images. The set of user created sprites on this site which would be perfect, but I absolutely don't want folks to feel like I"m stealing.

I'll probably go with the black background design, since the mostly pixel accurate version chews through battery, which means I'd just need the one pose.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

• Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

Twinees has confirmed he wouldn't mind the use of any of his sprites.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Porklin

• Discord username: porklin

Valkirst

Completed Sprites
  • Discord username: Valkirst

Barney

Quote from: nattle on April 27, 2021, 11:29:42 amI'm working on a couple watch faces for Fitbit OS. These would be free, I'm not looking to make money, just to share the work I've done. My main question is would it be cool for me to use the fan made sprites on this site?

I've got another weekend of work to clean things up and then the only major hurdle is that I don't have rights to the sprites. I'd like to include the character standing sprite in the lower left but can't use the official images. The set of user created sprites on this site which would be perfect, but I absolutely don't want folks to feel like I"m stealing.

I'll probably go with the black background design, since the mostly pixel accurate version chews through battery, which means I'd just need the one pose.

Just wanted to see if these are a thing we can get now cuz they're rad and i still have a fit bit
  • Discord username: Barney