• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:02 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT(JAP) translation.

Started by botik, June 20, 2020, 04:51:11 pm

botik

What files do you need to take from a FFT(USA) disk in order to inject it in a FFT(JAP)?
I want to make a FFT(JAP) with an English translation.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: botik on June 20, 2020, 04:51:11 pmWhat files do you need to take from a FFT(USA) disk in order to inject it in a FFT(JAP)?
I want to make a FFT(JAP) with an English translation.

For what reason?
  • Modding version: PSX

botik

Challenge is difficult
The operation of the disk does not depend on the file names and their number. Reading info takes place via LBA. I made a patch to delete files. Files will be deleted but the disk image will remain working.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Quote from: botik on June 28, 2020, 03:21:13 pmChallenge is difficult
The operation of the disk does not depend on the file names and their number. Reading info takes place via LBA. I made a patch to delete files. Files will be deleted but the disk image will remain working.

Well the reason i ask is because there IS actually something I need to get working in the USA version that was in the Japanese version, which is the birthday screen showing both the Solar and Zodiac calender and the worldmap using the zodiac calender.
  • Modding version: PSX