• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

The Lion War 2.03 & TLWotL FAQs

Started by 3lric, September 28, 2019, 08:59:34 am

3lric

Quote from: scbw1234 on May 30, 2022, 03:39:44 amIs your new project TLWotL based on PSP version or PSX version?

PS: I think I can take the translation, what I find unbearable is actually the sound effect of PSP version, its a immersion breaker for me

please read the posts above this one for clarification.
  • Modding version: PSX

Yuri_RP

Hello, is it possible to add Cross Skip V3 to TLW 2.01?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

eyrie0

Quote from: Elric on May 10, 2022, 08:32:38 pmIts not compatible with FFTC. This mod is way too large for it to be compatible with that.

But yes, you will get to play the most terrible translation of a game ever written in about a month or so, whenever I finish up TLWotL.

Hi! I was wondering if bringing the WoTL translation to TLW is still in the works? Thanks!

3lric

Quote from: eyrie0 on September 10, 2022, 10:36:00 amHi! I was wondering if bringing the WoTL translation to TLW is still in the works? Thanks!

Yes! However, every time someone asks, I swallow the soul of a small animal... so like... stop making me do that...

Gregory

RESOLVED. Of course I figure it out right after I post this haha. The ability was not set to "Learn with JP (Player)". When I turned that on and patched, it worked fine.

Here's my original post for posterity's sake. No response needed...

Hoping this is a good place for my question.

I previously played TLWotL a few times, and Master Teleport was available each time. I'm running it now and it doesn't show up. So I got a clean FFT, patched TLWotL and still nothing. Pulled patched ISO into FFTPatcher and it shows
01F3 Teleport 2 in Skill Sets tab but just doesn't appear in the game. Wondering if my save file just prevents it now, or if there's something else I'm overlooking to make this ability appear again.

FateWings

Hi guys,

First post here so please pardon me if I didn't find the answer for what I will ask (even though I tried  :mrgreen: ).
I started playing this awesome mod on Duckstation as recommended but I couldn't find a tutorial on how to configure it for the best and most accurate display (like the original).
On the default settings the intro text is horrible to read for example.
I got some screen tearing even with Vsync active but I believe it is because my monitor is too old  :lol: since its native resolution is 1280 x 1024 (60hz).
I found the FFT In pixel perfect resolution by Lijj but it is for the ePSXe and the recommended resolution is not avaiable on the Duckstation (or I hadn't find it).
Can someone help me?

Thanks  :D

FateWings

Never mind it guys. I tried the emulator and it was easier than I thought. After all it is more what your hardware can do and your own liking than someone's preference.

Thanks anyway.

Armorvil

Hi, I started a game on The Lion War 2.0 (I think it was 2.0 at least) and just created a new iso with the newest 2.03 patch. Problem is : I can't load my previous save file anymore. I even loaded a previous savestate to make a new regular save, hoping it would fix it, but no, I have the same error. Are patch versions really incompatible with each other? Would something nasty like an unavoidable crash or a softlock occur if I kept playing from my savestate and now only saved the game with savestates (I bet it would, but I still gotta ask)? I don't feel like restarting the game from the beginning, at least for now...

Alternatively I could go back to the older version but I read that it fixes a RDV mission being "uncompleteable", and I would like to complete them all being the completionist I am... Is it really un-winable in its previous state?

Thanks in advance!

3lric

The current version is not compatible with previous versions.

One of the RDV was not completeable in previous version, yes

mazurxiii

Hi,

I rlly approciate r work since FFT is my favoutite game of all time - now have a reason to play it again ;). Question - what TLW movies are included in TLW movies .ppf patch? I applied it correctly I think (ater TLW 2.3x ppf patch - which ofc worked) and i stll do not have movie after first battle (Delita kidnapping Princess) or intro is old (from PSX version). Am i doing something wrong?

3lric

Quote from: mazurxiii on January 22, 2023, 07:15:03 amHi,

I rlly approciate r work since FFT is my favoutite game of all time - now have a reason to play it again ;). Question - what TLW movies are included in TLW movies .ppf patch? I applied it correctly I think (ater TLW 2.3x ppf patch - which ofc worked) and i stll do not have movie after first battle (Delita kidnapping Princess) or intro is old (from PSX version). Am i doing something wrong?

The intro movie and the opening movie. No other movies are included.

iamthehorker

Kudos to all the work you've done! Is there a reason the chapter title text used in TLWotL is different from WotL? I edited the image files shared with TLWotL resources to look more similar to the WotL text (attached). Is it just a preference?

(TLWotL on the left, WotL on the right)

3lric

Quote from: iamthehorker on April 24, 2023, 02:14:34 pmKudos to all the work you've done! Is there a reason the chapter title text used in TLWotL is different from WotL? I edited the image files shared with TLWotL resources to look more similar to the WotL text (attached). Is it just a preference?

(TLWotL on the left, WotL on the right)

Im assuming youve not tried your edit in game.

iamthehorker

Quote from: Elric on April 25, 2023, 07:02:56 amIm assuming youve not tried your edit in game.
I have, actually. The transitions and everything seem to work fine.

3lric

There is a 1-2 pixel line that is offset on the ps1 version vs the psp version, due to the bottom functioning differently on the ntscu ps1 version vs the psp version.

Cral_lemon

June 04, 2023, 01:49:08 pm #75 Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 12:41:40 am by Cral_lemon
Excellent work on the TLW mod, just had to comment here.

I do have to say that i start playing TLWotl first but after reading you can't steal Elmdors gear, i start playing the TLW mod instead. besides it was pretty annoying the increase of job points to learn certain jobs abilities and unlock other jobs, i guess in the PSP, this increase exists because the option to play on cooperative with other players.  But as in single player this increase is rather bothersome. I will however miss the buff for Rafa, Malak and Reis spells and the opportunity of Meliadol spells landing on monsters...

EDIT: i return playing TLWotl again after hearing the increase of JP was as is in the original Japanese version of the Zodiac Brave story for the PSX. I got the genji armor doing the randavous, so no reson to steal it from elmdor. Again, great job!

BTW, I think Mustadio should have a equivalent of the "crush punch" holy knight skill set as one of his snipe ability's, you know, one shoot that inflict death as a given chance. Named "sharp shoot" or "bulls eye" something like that. something to compete with the OP sky pirate.

3lric

Quote from: Cral_lemon on June 04, 2023, 01:49:08 pmExcellent work on the TLW mod, just had to comment here.

I do have to say that i start playing TLWotl first but after reading you can't steal Elmdors gear, i start playing the TLW mod instead. besides it was pretty annoying the increase of job points to learn certain jobs abilities and unlock other jobs, i guess in the PSP, this increase exists because the option to play on cooperative with other players.  But as in single player this increase is rather bothersome. I will however miss the buff for Rafa, Malak and Reis spells and the opportunity of Meliadol spells landing on monsters...

In the PSP version it exists because it was based on the original Japanese build, which had those higher costs.

Cral_lemon

June 07, 2023, 12:05:12 am #77 Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 11:25:17 pm by Cral_lemon Reason: i figure it out
alright. Thanks!

i land on a town in june 22 and nothing happen. i mean Agrias birthday didn't happen. thought Alicia and lavian were out in a job errand, do they have to be in the party too?

3lric

Quote from: Cral_lemon on June 07, 2023, 12:05:12 amalright. Thanks!

i land on a town in june 22 and nothing happen. i mean Agrias birthday didn't happen. thought Alicia and lavian were out in a job errand, do they have to be in the party too?

The FAQs states the requirements. You need to have mustadio unbenched as well. Plus the needed funds.

Cral_lemon

Quote from: Elric on June 13, 2023, 01:36:57 amThe FAQs states the requirements. You need to have mustadio unbenched as well. Plus the needed funds.

yes i had all the requirements, but nothing happen, i was however in chapter 3, maybe only works in chapter 4?

anyway. will say it again, i return playing TLWotl again after hearing the increase of JP was as is in the original Japanese version of the Zodiac Brave story for the PSX. I got the genji armor doing the rendezvous, so no reason to steal it from elmdor. Again, great job!

BTW, I think Mustadio should have a equivalent of the "crush punch" holy knight skill set as one of his snipe ability's, you know, one shoot that inflict death as a given chance. Named "sharp shoot" or "bulls eye" something like that. something to compete with the OP sky pirate.