• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

ASM Requests

Started by The Damned, October 29, 2014, 09:16:45 pm

gatebuster202

Hmm. That's a seperate ASM? I'll go look for it. But lacking the Shield Catagory, still leaves me in a bit of a bind. For now I am going to test the balance of the skills without it.

(We are talking about the preloaded ones? I am hacking on l i t t l e sleep again.
  • Modding version: PSX
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

nitwit

Can we get all stats to update real time in battle as we gain or lose levels?

Kaijyuu

Dunno if this exists yet:

How about something to change the % chance to get in a random battle? I'd like to halve it.
Also, a lot more complicated: Standing on a random battle map and selecting the dot (like you would in a town to pull up the menu) puts you into a random battle (among all the available battles from any direction, still of course keeping the story progression limits).

3lric

Kaijyuu

Very clever hack. Not exactly what I was wanting (I still want some battles to pop up without your permission, though less) but I imagine I can add in the functionality I want.

Thanks.

3lric

Quote from: Kaijyuu on July 24, 2015, 04:04:21 am
Very clever hack. Not exactly what I was wanting (I still want some battles to pop up without your permission, though less) but I imagine I can add in the functionality I want.

Thanks.

QuoteAlso, a lot more complicated: Standing on a random battle map and selecting the dot (like you would in a town to pull up the menu) puts you into a random battle (among all the available battles from any direction, still of course keeping the story progression limits).

Nope, It's actually exactly what you asked for. And I doubt you'll be able to easily modify it. It's not of Xif's ASMs and she is a wizard.

Austin

Hi folks, I've put up a little hack on romhacking ( http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2509/ ) and i'm trying to include some stuff that gets rid of some of the more irritating aspects of fft. I'm going to update it soon with one of Razele's asm hacks so that the rare poach % will be doubled from ~12% to ~24% and I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to take a look at one FFMaster's hacks that affects the draw out katana break percentage:

BATTLE.BIN
0x120984
XX000524

This sets all Katana to XX% break when a Draw Out is used. 00 for 0% break chance, 64 for 100% break chance. A lot of people have been waiting for this one =p
NOTE: If you set a formula other than the Draw Out ones, the Katana will still break at 100% chance!

I wanted to set this to 0% and remove the katana breaking feature from the game entirely so that people don't have to deal with their ultra rare legendary folded 12000 times katana breaking like a toothpick the first time they try to use it in a battle, but it doesn't seem to work as it's supposed to. AFAIK katana break chance is tied to the weapon power of the katana, so to test I set all the katanas to 99WP and applied the hack with the new % set to 00 of course. It seems to do something since the katanas don't always break automatically, but sometimes the katana does break and when it does the game doesn't give the "XX was blown away!" or whatever break message, the katana just flat out disappears from the inventory.

So if anybody with the knowhow would be willing to look into this I'd certainly appreciate it, and you'd obviously be given credit over on the romhacking page if you happen to come up with a fix.

Thanks!

LohikaarmeX

Hi. I'm new in the forums. There's a way to add a formula that makes damage based on a percentage of the max HP of the target? Also, there's a way to add HP cost to the abillities?

Jumza

The formula's the Demi spells use (and a few others) do damage based on max HP. (I think?)
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

LohikaarmeX

Quote from: Jumza on August 03, 2015, 12:57:32 am
The formula's the Demi spells use (and a few others) do damage based on max HP. (I think?)

Mmm... I think that Demi does half the HP in damage, or something like that. Maybe i check out that one

Aiolon

formula 09 of demi and demi2 does % damage
Y = %Damage inflicted
X = Succes chance
ME = Magic evasion (meaning if you use this formula the attack will be considered as magical)

NOTE: the %Damage inflicted is based of target MAX HP not current/remaining HP
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

LohikaarmeX

Quote from: Aiolon on August 03, 2015, 08:39:19 pm
formula 09 of demi and demi2 does % damage
Y = %Damage inflicted
X = Succes chance
ME = Magic evasion (meaning if you use this formula the attack will be considered as magical)

NOTE: the %Damage inflicted is based of target MAX HP not current/remaining HP

Nice to know that. Thanks for the info. :)

Also, there's a ASM out there that add chance of breaking an item using the formulas of Mighty Sword?

Aiolon

Yes it is!

if you have the latest version of FFTPatcher suite it should be included in FFTorgASM
the values are in Hex ( 64 Hex = 100 decimal ) so if you want to add another value make sure you convert it into hex first
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

LohikaarmeX

Quote from: Aiolon on August 04, 2015, 12:07:31 am
Yes it is!

if you have the latest version of FFTPatcher suite it should be included in FFTorgASM
the values are in Hex ( 64 Hex = 100 decimal ) so if you want to add another value make sure you convert it into hex first

Nice! I can use this for my changes to the knight :3

Sorry if i'm a little disturbing, but i'm trying to make a "balance" patch. So i'm looking for formulas n_nu
Now, there's a formula that make HP cost? Also, there's a formula that uses the same damage like Metabone Slash?

Kaijyuu

Here's a list of all the formulas and some descriptions of them:

ffhacktics.com/wiki/formulas

LohikaarmeX

Quote from: Kaijyuu on August 05, 2015, 02:33:45 am
Here's a list of all the formulas and some descriptions of them:

ffhacktics.com/wiki/formulas

Thanks a lot, hands down to you. You're some kind of hero to me now :3

Kaijyuu

Thank the people who actually made the list. It's helped me a lot too.

Request of my own:
Gained JP Up innate all. Manually doing this in the patcher takes away one innate slot from every humanoid unit, which is a big deal for things like Dragoner, which have all 4 slots already taken up. Other methods (like reducing JP costs to do effectively the same thing) have side effects too. Modifying the JP gain formula to always have the 3/2 multiplier would be the cleanest way of doing things.

gatebuster202

@ Kaijyuu. Check the base group of ASMs that came with the most recent patch suite. That should be in there. (Along with Attack, Defense, Magic Defense and Magic Attack Up. Equip Change, and Defend as well.)

Kaijyuu

August 06, 2015, 12:58:03 pm #78 Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 01:04:13 pm by Kaijyuu
Redownloaded it (482, the one linked in the important links thread) and looked thoroughly; didn't see it there. (I DID see most of the various other things you mentioned though.)

gatebuster202

Let me get on my computer. I swore I saw it on my ASMs list.