• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:34:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Adding/Replacing character sprites (Rafa)

Started by Smash, April 06, 2009, 09:01:28 pm

Smash

April 06, 2009, 09:01:28 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Help

Im on my way to add another custom character to the game, and would like to know which ENTD settings do I need to change in order to assign Rafa's normal sprite to everything Rafa related in the game, and free up the space for me to use the guest version slot; dunno if there's already a list made or something.

It would also help to know which other characters have extra guest sprites, and where in the ENTD should you swap the sprite assignment.
Right now, Rafa's the priority.

This is without the expanded ISO.

Zozma

April 06, 2009, 09:15:54 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
check out my first post here

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtop ... 28&start=0

basically i listed everything that has a menu sprite as well.

anyway characters with dupe sprites:

Malak: Mara.spr(enemy/join), Gando.spr (dead version has its own menu sprite)
Rafa: Rafa.spr(guest), H79.spr(join)
Celia: Seria.spr(unused), H83.spr(enemy)
Lede: Ledy.spr(unused), Arufu.spr(enemy)
Agrias: Aguri.spr(guest)
Meliadoul: H85.spr(enemy), H80.spr(join)
Alma: Aruma.spr(guest chapter3), Gyumu.spr(guest chapter4), H82.spr(dead/sleeping alma probably shouldnt mess with)
Gafgarion: Baruna.spr(enemy), H61.spr(guest)
Mustadeo: Musu.spr(guest), Garu.spr(join)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Smash

April 07, 2009, 02:05:54 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Awesome.

Is it better to use the guest sprites, or the joining ones?
The reason being that a few weeks ago for Mustadio, when I assigned the join sprites to his storyline apearances and used the guest ones; the battles when he had lines to speak, the custom character on my party did everything he had to do, and the real one did shit.

If you don't bring the char to the battle, everything goes fine though. Am I to assume that with the join sprites this won't happen?