• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 12:23:14 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Turning the PSX hacks in to PSP version

Started by Rfh, March 06, 2012, 03:07:28 pm

Rfh

With Archaemic slowdown is removed, So, what are the reasons to prefer PSX version? - None
Basically, I prefer the PSP version because it allows to use more than 9 sprites in battle. So why not work to convert all PSX hacks and tools in to the PSP version?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

Eternal

I'm inclined to agree that we should start more development on WotL, but we still face some huge hurdles.

-No PSP emulator (which means no frame skip and no save states).
-To my knowledge, no PSP debugger.
-No event editor for the PSP.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Dome

Quote from: Rfh on March 06, 2012, 03:07:28 pm
With Archaemic slowdown is removed, So, what are the reasons to prefer PSX version?

The script, the fact that (As far as I know, I might be wrong on this one) you cannot simply apply a patch to remove the slowdown

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Rfh

Quote from: Eternal248 on March 06, 2012, 03:17:02 pm
I'm inclined to agree that we should start more development on WotL, but we still face some huge hurdles.

-No PSP emulator (which means no frame skip and no save states).
-To my knowledge, no PSP debugger.
-No event editor for the PSP.

Hmm, I find in google a PSP emulator, with debugger, its name is Jpcsp:
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: rfh

endrift

Quote from: Dome on March 06, 2012, 03:17:53 pm
The script, the fact that (As far as I know, I might be wrong on this one) you cannot simply apply a patch to remove the slowdown

I literally changed three bytes to fix the slowdown. I just had the find the right three bytes. The purpose of LivePatch is so you don't have to patch ISOs, enabling people to use UMDs, and also to mix and match compatible patches (like how you can remove the stretching, or leave it there if you so desire, without having to tamper with the slowdown patch).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Glain

Dome

Quote from: Archaemic on March 07, 2012, 10:18:29 pm
I literally changed three bytes to fix the slowdown.

From now on, you will be known as the PSP God
Everyone, lay down on your knees and bend in front of him!
P.s: Is it possible to turn the "Fix-the-slowdown-patch" into an hack that can be applied with orgASM?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

endrift

Unfortunately, I think the fix is incompatible with orgASM, as orgASM appears to be only for patching the FFT ISO-alike files, e.g. the ones that would have appeared on the PS1 disc. There is no analogous file, so orgASM isn't applicable. I don't know much about orgASM though. If it can change BOOT.BIN on the UMD ISO, it should work, but I see no evidence that it can.

Glain

Try PSP_GAME_SYSDIR_BOOT_BIN as the file attribute in a <Location> tag and it just might work. FFTP definitely appears to edit BOOT.BIN for several things (Tactext seems to do it, for one), and that constant appears in the code in a place where I believe orgASM looks.