• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:10:35 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Trouble with sprites

Started by en4cer1133, November 09, 2012, 07:58:33 pm

en4cer1133

Hello all, any help with my situation is greatly appreciated, I am trying to change some sprites particularly of Cloud.  I have used the Shishi sprite editor and I managed to import the custom sprite I want.  I check the box next to cloud's entry on which files to update.  When I patch it back to the ISO using the button, it goes for not even a few seconds, and is done.  I put it on my PSP, load up the game, and the sprite appears unchanged on the formation screen and in the battle.  I have been doing some searching and it seems that there needs to be another patching process in order to get the sprites to work.  What program do I need to get the custom sprites in my battles (and possibly formation screen)?  I have also looked at using the FFTpatcher, but there seems to be no way to change the sprites on it anywhere.

Choto

Shishi edits the in-battle sprites... however you need to use a separate program to edit the formation screen and pre-battle sprites. I believe it's called FFTEVGRP. If you search the forums for it you should be able to find a download. There are also tutorials that show you how to use it.. I think Celdia made a pretty awesome tutorial for it. Check the tutorial index... she may have even linked to the download from there, but I"m not sure. This information is all assuming the process is the same for PSP as it is for PSX...

Eternal

I'm fairly sure you can't do anything with sprites in WotL because the sizes are different. That said, I haven't really played with WotL and sprites, myself.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

efrate

using old shishi (3.57)battle sprites are easily replacable.  Formation and pre battle need work, need to insert then manually.  However, basic squires for some reason seem to be glitchy.  Not sure if its just me or what but enemy squires are gitchy.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

en4cer1133

Thanks for the help!  I got it all taken care of.  I now have a few custom sprites in the game for WotL.  If only I could edit the cloud sprite.  I really don't like the red they added to him, and I like the custom sprites on this site, but they are too big to add with the new version of Shishi  :cry:  oh well, will have to make due I guess.  Again, thanks for all of your assistance!