• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:48 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: A Clan's Journey

Started by Zeke_Aileron, August 18, 2017, 03:58:48 am

chocolatemoose

I didn't start a new game with the MP patch. My characters are around level 17-20, and I don't have MP problems. It might be a question of the starting spells being too expensive.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: chocolatemoose on June 15, 2018, 07:11:55 pm
I didn't start a new game with the MP patch. My characters are around level 17-20, and I don't have MP problems. It might be a question of the starting spells being too expensive.

Being Expensive? How so?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

R000ster

Chocolatemoose, a lot of the early game spells/abilities that are available do retain usefulness through mid and even late game hence their costs, but you're correct, the cost for these abilities when looked at in the early game is generally very high when your starting classes have a base of 20-24 and only increase between 1-4 mp on each level.

I'd have to play through to Fluorgis section of the game to have a more concrete opinion, but it makes sense to me that in the mid-game you've reached a point where the mp costs compared to how much you have available to you has smoothed out very well.

I think Zeke's solution of 4mp gain per turn is a great compromise. It won't overly cheese or affect the mid-late game sections in a large impactful way, but it will make the early game much more engaging when you have fewer units (your No Mou can't cast more than two spells per encounter until it has leveled up enough for example, and we know actionless/noninteractive units are boring) and your units have small enough MP pools that 4MP a turn is a big deal.

Arashi Blitz

I don't know if this is a reported problem, but it kinda bugs me off... As you see in the image (attachment), there's some bug in the skills in terms of learning them.
Even though you can see Luso being a soldier, he does not get the bar under the skill name as if he could learn it nor it pops in the ability menu.
Also, is there any possibility that ingame job names in items get changed? I mean, Luso's new job is called Tactician (it replaces Agent as I understand since it learns skills from Agent), so is it possible for example to change the text under the skills to read Tactician instead of Agent?

All of this aside, I started the game not that much ago, and I'm getting destroyed. I friggin love it :^)
Keep the good work, this hackrom is looking awesome! Can't wait for the MP fix, atm my black mage can only do 3 attacks before being a dead weight haha

P.S: Do we have a list of which job replaces what?
EDIT: If I put the image in a spoiler or img does not show, instead if I put it as an attachment it does show up but I don't know how to put it in a spoiler. Sorry if it's too big.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Arashi Blitz on June 16, 2018, 04:37:47 pm
EDIT: If I put the image in a spoiler or img does not show, instead if I put it as an attachment it does show up but I don't know how to put it in a spoiler. Sorry if it's too big.

The ability is for the Special Gria unit's custom job, it's job is still listed as "Soldier" cause that's a hard-coded thing in the game, and it's not a bug.

R000ster

Quote from: Arashi Blitz on June 16, 2018, 04:37:47 pm
I don't know if this is a reported problem, but it kinda bugs me off... As you see in the image (attachment), there's some bug in the skills in terms of learning them.
Even though you can see Luso being a soldier, he does not get the bar under the skill name as if he could learn it nor it pops in the ability menu.
Also, is there any possibility that ingame job names in items get changed? I mean, Luso's new job is called Tactician (it replaces Agent as I understand since it learns skills from Agent), so is it possible for example to change the text under the skills to read Tactician instead of Agent?

All of this aside, I started the game not that much ago, and I'm getting destroyed. I friggin love it :^)
Keep the good work, this hackrom is looking awesome! Can't wait for the MP fix, atm my black mage can only do 3 attacks before being a dead weight haha

The newly added job for Hammer Knight on your Gria Unit has its skills on items listed under "Soldier" because of inability to change the labels as displayed in the items themselves. Try equipping that Platinum Shield on your Hammer Knight and it should get the skill. Other than that, all other skills for name-changed classes should be self explanatory bases on the unit's sprite (Cannon Mage learns Beastmaster skills, Mace Enchanter learns Alchemist tagged skills, etc). Hope this helps.

Arashi Blitz

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on June 16, 2018, 05:02:58 pm
The ability is for the Special Gria unit's custom job, it's job is still listed as "Soldier" cause that's a hard-coded thing in the game, and it's not a bug.
Quote from: R000ster on June 16, 2018, 05:06:28 pm
The newly added job for Hammer Knight on your Gria Unit has its skills on items listed under "Soldier" because of inability to change the labels as displayed in the items themselves. Try equipping that Platinum Shield on your Hammer Knight and it should get the skill. Other than that, all other skills for name-changed classes should be self explanatory bases on the unit's sprite (Cannon Mage learns Beastmaster skills, Mace Enchanter learns Alchemist tagged skills, etc). Hope this helps.

Thanks both! Since it was listed as a Soldier skill I thought It might be a bug and I was really confused. I'll be more relying to actually look at the unit sprites.

Zeke_Aileron

Updated the main OP with the updated mod file, which includes the passive 4 MP gain, Disabled MP Channeling, and Weaknesses/Resistances to job specific races.

R000ster

Just a pointer for anyone moving to 0.94, make sure you change your class once (equipment alone might suffice as well) on your Bangaa and Hume units in order for new weaknesses/resists to reflect in-game.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: R000ster on June 17, 2018, 02:16:58 am
Just a pointer for anyone moving to 0.94, make sure you change your class once (equipment alone might suffice as well) on your Bangaa and Hume units in order for new weaknesses/resists to reflect in-game.

:O i forgot to mention that, thank you. :D

Beraias

Made an account half to say love the game, plays well on my wiiU. Had a couple questions tho.

Is no meant to not recharge at all in combat? And if not how do you get Ethers and Phoenix downs? Playing on hard since your post mentioned that's how it should be played.

One gripe I have is every single enemy has critical quicken. Would be fine if it activated like it should: the once when you knock em down to critical hp. What every enemy with this ability seems to do however is have t activate more than once in a round: example

Enemy gets critical hped and 25hp, quicken activates, they don't heal and so my next unit smacks em, not enough to kill them and what always happens is that quicken activates AGAIN. It ends up leading to a battle taking me 45 bloody mins before it ends not even a story mission mind. And it's still early on.
If ya need to contact me, I'm on Discord.
  • Discord username: Rai#0428

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 07:14:27 am
Made an account half to say love the game, plays well on my wiiU. Had a couple questions tho.

Is no meant to not recharge at all in combat? And if not how do you get Ethers and Phoenix downs? Playing on hard since your post mentioned that's how it should be played.

One gripe I have is every single enemy has critical quicken. Would be fine if it activated like it should: the once when you knock em down to critical hp. What every enemy with this ability seems to do however is have t activate more than once in a round: example

Enemy gets critical hped and 25hp, quicken activates, they don't heal and so my next unit smacks em, not enough to kill them and what always happens is that quicken activates AGAIN. It ends up leading to a battle taking me 45 bloody mins before it ends not even a story mission mind. And it's still early on.

Thanks, and yes the newest version of the mod should have the 4 natural MP regeneration if you haven't gotten that yet, and yes i know how Critical: QUICKEN can get annoying but i have it on enemies for a reason, it's to let them have a small fighting chance to fight with against the organized turn system that's in place in this mod.

Beraias

Fair enough. I might not have the update then no big deal to update it for me thanks for the fast response tho ^^

Also I apologize for earlier response. I was on my phone and it hates my Terms of MP and other such FFTA/2 terms.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 08:00:05 am
Fair enough. I might not have the update then no big deal to update it for me thanks for the fast response tho ^^

Also I apologize for earlier response. I was on my phone and it hates my Terms of MP and other such FFTA/2 terms.

It's ok, i gave enemies Critical: Haste previously, but it didn't work out as i though it did, so i switched it to Critical: QUICKEN which on the long run is better in terms of survivability for that unit, given them a chance to do something before being killed off, and no Reaction abilities can't be altered to make them activate once unless specified like a few of them are, cause if they did some Critical abilities would be way better than another one in terms of Battle activation's, plus i don't know how to edit reaction abilities let alone passive abilities..., heh....

Beraias

Oh yea. The issue I really had was it activating so often but now that mp actually regents normal now the quicken is fine

Still can't recall how to get ether and Phoenix down tho

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 08:35:31 am
Oh yea. The issue I really had was it activating so often but now that mp actually regents normal now the quicken is fine

Still can't recall how to get ether and Phoenix down tho

Ethers and Phoenix Downs unlock as you progress through the story i think, hmm...

Beraias

I can't recall when I unlocked them in the normal game but I'm fairly certain I had raise and didn't care. Maybe like make em stealable items at the beginning?

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 08:55:25 am
I can't recall when I unlocked them in the normal game but I'm fairly certain I had raise and didn't care. Maybe like make em stealable items at the beginning?

Steal abilities steal any random item/loot whatever the unit is carrying/coded with, so i can't change that unless the enemies you try to use steal on have the said items.

Beraias

Ahh yea. Guess I'll just have to git gud then lol

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: Beraias on June 17, 2018, 09:04:18 am
Ahh yea. Guess I'll just have to git gud then lol

That's the mod in a nutshell tbh, but there is a depth of strategy to it as well if you're willing to invest on Luso's custom job and do the quests as they come by since everything scales to your clan's average levels.