• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

CCP 2nd - Beta Version Available for download!

Started by Celdia, December 25, 2012, 07:08:20 am

Tytytoast

I know no ones posted here in a while but I just found this patch and omg compared to the first one, did everything get super nerfed?  It seems like all the jobs can be unlocked super super fast.  Was the difficulty reduced? 
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Tytytoast

Celdia

Well it was never a difficulty boost patch to begin with. The original had no planning or any real pretending at balance and was plagued with lots of bad and incredibly novice design decisions. The 2nd patch was almost entirely written up before I ever started changing any code, and I spent a lot more time balancing things. I can see how those changes would feel weaker compared to the first patch but this really is a whole new project and while there are a lot of borrowed ideas from the first one - things I either really liked or wanted to revise specifically - comparing the two is only so relevant. The numbers aren't even close to the same scale but they still get pretty outrageous. Unlocking jobs faster is very intentional. People aren't playing these things to have to struggle to see the new content one tiny piece at a time, but game flow is still important and just opening everything at once from the get-go would be almost as bad as limiting stuff too much, so that was an attempt to avoid those pitfalls. Same thing with reduced JP costs on most things both in general compared to how things were priced out in vanilla and also those easy analogs to things in CCP1. All part of that poor design choices thing from my first project. ^-^;;
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Tytytoast

Still fun either way! I'm gonna play out the first one and then move onto the second after!
  • Discord username: Tytytoast

breaktube

@Celdia 

Hello there, saw a video about this project on youtube
And would like to try it out myself.
A bit confused on where to get the latest patch and how to apply them.
Might just be me not navigating the site well...
I see beta and dev version, but unsure where to start.
Looks like a fun project and hope this is the right place to post.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

Celdia

I didn't even realize the fix patch I put up didn't have all the patch data applied properly. I've removed the two files and just made a single updated one to download on the first post in this thread. It should have both the fix for Goug functional and actually have the new unit sprites load in battle.

breaktube

Thanks for updating the opening post.
I admit to being a bit lost on how to get started.
If I am reading everything right
I grab the file in the OP and apply it to the vanilla PSX game ?
If so, what tool/software would you recommend to use ?
Currently using a 64-bit Windows 10 device.
Pokemon Red 3DS-XL friend code : 1864-9639-1699 (Zeheart)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/breaktube
http://www.youtube.com/user/breaktube

Celdia

Examples of How Broken CCP 2nd's Sidequests Get

- Start of video (about a minute long)
- Timestamp around 13:55 (also about a minute long)
- And then pretty much everything past 16 minutes in.

Breaking CCP with Kapilapis

Celdia

So I put a new version of CCP2 up on the OP, but I left the last-working one up there as well. The 8-1-21 PPF should have the following modifications.

• Increased power on Brawler skills: Aurabolt, Fire Dance, Bum Rush. Bum Rush was especially weak and hopefully this makes up for it. Maybe watch out for Brawlers.
  • Fixed Swordskills to rely on MA instead of PA as originally intended. This might just completely fuck the balance of the entire patch. Either way, Agrias gonna be Agrias Motherfucking Oaks now. (Thanks, Glain!) Maybe watch out for Mageknights now, too.
  • Updated Agrias and Mustadio Join events to add units at Party Level instead of preset Level 12.
  • Changed Olan's loadout to make him more survivable.
  • Made the first Robe available before Sweegy instead of after Sand Rat Cellar.
  • Finished Worker 8's skills - these are completely untested. I promise nothing.
  • Fixed some War Trophies. Balk 1 now properly drops a Robot Glove (which should have been previously dummied out). No idea if it Works-As-Intended. Feel free to let me know how that goes.

Dunno if I'm reviving this mess or what yet. We'll see.

mayfu

Sorry, I'm not 100% sure, but the new update may have broken the in game sprites.

I tried this mod for the first time today and only the Formation screen sprites were changed, and in battle sprites were base sprites.  I thought this was due to complications with animations, but after looking at some videos, I realized the in battle sprites should be changed as well.  I patched using the older build (CCP2ndBeta-2021.rar) and after opening my old save file, so far it seems like all the sprites are correctly changed.

Celdia

Quote from: mayfu on August 02, 2021, 05:08:20 pmSorry, I'm not 100% sure, but the new update may have broken the in game sprites.

I tried this mod for the first time today and only the Formation screen sprites were changed, and in battle sprites were base sprites.  I thought this was due to complications with animations, but after looking at some videos, I realized the in battle sprites should be changed as well.  I patched using the older build (CCP2ndBeta-2021.rar) and after opening my old save file, so far it seems like all the sprites are correctly changed.

Yeah, before I uploaded it I noticed the filesize was all wrong but I couldn't remember what it was when that happened last time. For whatever reason it manages to produce a PPF that doesn't have the new sprites. I'll try to work on it sometime this week and figure out how I'm managing that and fix it.

Celdia

This took me way too long to get back to, but I've uploaded another new fix patch on the original post. This one should  do the following:
 - Fix Swordskills and Mageknight skills (excepting Night Sword and Dark Sword) to function off of MA instead of PA.
 - New Sprites actually show up as they should in battle, not just on Formation screen/etc.
 - Meliadoul unhooded sprite replacing original Meliadoul sprite.
 - Infinite loading bugs at Orbonne, Goug, and Goland that had been reported before are hopefully ironed out now.

If anything else stands out as horribly-wrong/game-crashing that isn't listed in the Known Bugs section of the opening post of this thread I would like to know about if you run into it.

If you're interested in keeping the pre-swordskill-fix version of the patch I'll leave it up for a little bit but I plan to take it down when I'm satisfied with testing on the new fix, so grab it while it's there.

Celdia

I've taken down the older version since there haven't been any noticeable issues with this latest upload. Enjoy the new, properly-functioning Magic Blade and Swordskills.

Rabbi Raccoon

October 29, 2021, 11:55:36 am #132 Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 07:40:30 pm by Rabbi Raccoon Reason: Adding a question, did not want to clog forums
So I did the Colliery. It was very glitchy (played the dialogue for a couple other side scenes before the battle began) but got through them just fine, and got Worker 8 but the next Goug scene won't play. Did you flag that scene to be later?

Also, I'm loving Rad. Haunt/Lightning Soul is a fun one-two snipe and I've used Choco Cure far more than I thought I would.

EDIT: Christ, I'm a moron. I hadn't even triggered the scene with the flower girl. I did notice the empty quotes when getting items at Nelveska, though. And it looks like Reis can learn more skills Blue Mage style. More hunting!

EDIT 2 Last one I promise: Does Zalera still have a Blue Magic? Because I've been having a helluva time trying to get him to do literally anything besides 2 moves

Celdia

Quote from: Rabbi Raccoon on October 29, 2021, 11:55:36 amSo I did the Colliery. It was very glitchy (played the dialogue for a couple other side scenes before the battle began) but got through them just fine, and got Worker 8 but the next Goug scene won't play. Did you flag that scene to be later?

Also, I'm loving Rad. Haunt/Lightning Soul is a fun one-two snipe and I've used Choco Cure far more than I thought I would.

EDIT: Christ, I'm a moron. I hadn't even triggered the scene with the flower girl. I did notice the empty quotes when getting items at Nelveska, though. And it looks like Reis can learn more skills Blue Mage style. More hunting!

EDIT 2 Last one I promise: Does Zalera still have a Blue Magic? Because I've been having a helluva time trying to get him to do literally anything besides 2 moves

Sorry I didn't catch these here, Rabbi. (I think you found answers via reddit but just to confirm) Zalera not actually ever casting Flare 2 is just another one of those things that speaks to the unfinished nature of the patch. To be fair, Rad's Blue Magic wasn't well thought out at all and I think I picked stuff mostly on the basis of "this would be neat" and "I don't think there's much/anything in the generic skillsets that do this". Flare 2 specifically was chosen because I had it on Meliadoul's Blue Magic list in CCP1.

Playtesting! \o/

Kataanira

are there no rare move find items? all i find are empty air quotes lol.

Celdia

Quote from: Kataanira on March 18, 2022, 05:29:21 amare there no rare move find items? all i find are empty air quotes lol.

There are not. I hadn't gotten around to finishing out the MFI stuff. Rare finds are literally all blank and the common finds are just things like Potions and Phoenix Down. There are some maps that still have Elixir as a Rare find but I think that might've just been Deep Dungeon maps.

Kataanira

Haha thats ok! I started over at chapter 3 with a new emulator thinking mine didnt run it properly lol. Atleast now i know i cant ditch move find item.

Kataanira

That sucks though, without move find item theres no point to do the deep dungeon so theres no end game content and what about clouds materia blade? Was a really good mod but not really worth playing in the current condition. I also prolly wouldnt list it under completed mods either.

Celdia

Quote from: Kataanira on March 18, 2022, 03:17:28 pmThat sucks though, without move find item theres no point to do the deep dungeon so theres no end game content and what about clouds materia blade? Was a really good mod but not really worth playing in the current condition. I also prolly wouldnt list it under completed mods either.

It's as completed as it will ever get is really the main reason it's there. I stopped officially working on CCP 2nd back in 2013 and still have no plans to pick it back up and continue/finish any more of it than there is at present. The few rare times I have tried to update things it has been for wildly unique reasons that aren't any indication of an attempt to return to the project.

As for Deep Dungeon: You're right, there is no point in doing it. Nothing in there has been touched from the Vanilla data, nor has anything in the Side Quests for things like the Beowulf/Reis/Cloud/Worker side stories. I think even trying to enter the Goland Colliery battles will cause massive glitches or just crash the game entirely. There's a video in the first post under the glitchs/bugs spoiler with like 30 minutes of someone trying to play through them. It's pretty wild, but is absolutely incomplete content. The patch is playable through to the end of the main story battles, finishing with Altima at the Graveyard of Airships, but that's all. Reasons this thing is forever listed as a 'beta'. My original CCP project is a completed mod, if not nearly as balanced or with any QoL adjustments, and CCP 2nd got it's own thread in the same section pretty much because the first one was there. Still, I hope you're at least having fun with it. :D

Kataanira

hmm i see, its a fun patch for sure, the new classes were done really well. also i tried to delete the last post because it came off sounding mean and it wasnt intended that way, just frustration after spending several hours figuring out how to set up everything correctly to play. sounds like i should play the other 1 instead :P