• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 02:10:03 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

ATTACK.OUT Editor

Started by Xifanie, July 12, 2009, 03:07:59 am

Xifanie

July 12, 2009, 03:07:59 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
http://www.ffhacktics.com/downloads/ATT ... Editor.rar

Just put it in the same folder as ATTACK.OUT and run the program.

When you're done click Save and then import.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

DarthPaul

July 12, 2009, 10:42:17 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
Beautiful.

Are there any restrictions on what it can do?
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

Xifanie

July 12, 2009, 12:20:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
What do you mean? like what?
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

DarthPaul

July 12, 2009, 12:41:20 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by darthpaul
As in any aspects it cannot edit, or does it have all the bases covered?
Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness, bringing torment and pain to others. Oh damned soul wallowing in your sin, perhaps...it is time to die

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 12:48:52 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Ah, grand indeed! This will simplify things quite a bit as well as speed up Attack.out editing by tenfold! Not to mention now others can start to delve deeper into the game with these tools.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kaijyuu

July 12, 2009, 12:55:54 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kaijyuu
Using this, I successfully:

Put entirely unfitting music in the opening scene.
Sent the game to an edited 1F3 event. Apparently I didn't edit it right because the attack team setup screen only showed for ~3 seconds, with no available placement for units. I then instantly won a battle inside orbornne with simon, ovelia, and agrias vs no one, followed by me being sent to a world map with 0 dots and only ramza in my party.

I like it so far.

Cheetah

July 12, 2009, 01:36:09 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very awesome Zodiac, I love it. What are the "Remove Object" tags though and what bytes are those?
Current Projects:

Xifanie

July 12, 2009, 01:57:50 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
These objects are like the chairs in the Limberry Castle Hall, the Door at the back gate of Lesalia (other doors in general too), the table in the map where the Marquis is rescued, etc. Those are within the Weather byte. It took me a while to find them until I noticed specific scenarios had a weird weather value.

And DP no, it only affects specific parts of ATTACK.OUT, not everything. Other stuff that we know there is and that there is no editor for are storyline battle instructions.

Vanya

July 12, 2009, 02:42:17 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Still, this is pretty awesome. Thanks, Zodiac! ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Cheetah

July 12, 2009, 03:12:21 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Very nice piece of info that is Zodiac, thanks. Yeah we have still learned little about midbattle events. I doubt we will figure out more till we are able to change the length of said instructions.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

July 12, 2009, 04:13:22 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Just provide me the location the location of those and finding the pointers should be a piece of cake.

Zozma

July 13, 2009, 08:43:38 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
z-zodiac!? does this mean this program works properly now??? no tables appearing out of nowhere just for changing the placement grid/music etc?
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

July 14, 2009, 12:57:58 am #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Just remove the table.

Sadly all events you checked with my old editor reseted the object flags if you saved. There aren't that much events with removed objects, but if you want to restore your new ATTACK.OUT to normal, I'd open one editor with the original ATTACK.OUT and another with the modified one and reset those back to normal.

If it's just the marquis event, just check the first object.

Zozma

July 14, 2009, 04:08:53 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
thanks, well as far as the old saved over attack.out i don't have to worry about that because i had a backup :D

I think i will add in the table at the marquis event tho... it looks pretty cool gustav jumping over the table. but ill have to make sure its not there in the event with ovelia learning her true identity.
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!