• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:30:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

question about special's sprite

Started by Orlandu, October 21, 2009, 02:42:08 pm

Orlandu

October 21, 2009, 02:42:08 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Basically, i want to edit my starting generics by editing the ENTD 188.
I want to use Meliadoul's sprite for my Holy knight. Below i'll give you some pictures to show the problems:

and then this :

how to fix this? The real problem is that i can't learn the skills, what should i do if i want to learn lightning stab? it doesn't even appeared there.

BUT, in battle, if i choose Act-Holy Sword --> The skills appeared are the holy sword skills.

Thanks in advance.

philsov

October 21, 2009, 03:02:12 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
how are you setting her sprite in the first place?
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Cheetah

October 21, 2009, 03:12:49 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
You might be setting her to her Guest job instead of her normal job, that could be the problem. Many of the recruitable characters that also function as guests have two versions of their skillsets.
Current Projects:

Setzer

October 21, 2009, 04:51:53 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Setzer
I think he just changed the sprite and the job in the ENTD, so it'll work just like having a Meliadoul with the Holy Knight job set by Gameshark.
Learning her skillset will open the Holy Swords in battle. Doesnt work so well. If you change her job, she wont be capable of change back to Holy Knight...

If you want a Holy Knight with Meliadoul sprite, you have to either change her Divine Knight job to be a Holy Knight (change the skillset and edit the texts) or change the sprite and job of another special character to what you want.

MiKeMiTchi

October 21, 2009, 08:07:39 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
QuoteI think he just changed the sprite and the job in the ENTD

possible answer:
First thing, find the real Meliadoul event, which I think is 1CA in the patcher,
and copy the meliadoul there. I think this might work.
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Orlandu

October 21, 2009, 11:38:10 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "philsov"how are you setting her sprite in the first place?

by using the fftpatcher, i edit the ENTD 188. i Change her sprite to meliadoul, her name to meliadoul, set her job to Holy Knight (34h), Her brave & faith

Quote from: "Setzer"I think he just changed the sprite and the job in the ENTD, so it'll work just like having a Meliadoul with the Holy Knight job set by Gameshark.
Learning her skillset will open the Holy Swords in battle. Doesnt work so well. If you change her job, she wont be capable of change back to Holy Knight...

true

Quote from: "Setzer"If you want a Holy Knight with Meliadoul sprite, you have to either change her Divine Knight job to be a Holy Knight (change the skillset and edit the texts) or change the sprite and job of another special character to what you want.

yes, i figured i have to do that. Originally i want to use celia's sprite for my holy knight, but the same thing as above happenned, so i tried meliadoul, no improvement though.

Quote from: "Cheetah"You might be setting her to her Guest job instead of her normal job, that could be the problem. Many of the recruitable characters that also function as guests have two versions of their skillsets.

i set her job to Holy knight(34) i believe this is agrias's holy knight right?

Quote from: "MiKeMiTchi"possible answer:
First thing, find the real Meliadoul event, which I think is 1CA in the patcher,
and copy the meliadoul there. I think this might work.

Hmm... am i allowed to change the unit ID from ENTD 188? if i copy meliadoul, i would also copy her Unit ID right?

Here:
Quote from: "Cheetah"Just change them to the job, sprite, and name you want. I don't think you will run into any problems later on as long as you don't change the Unit IDs and leave them the same as the generics you are replacing.

and sorry for the late response, because my timeline is GMT+7 :lol:

MiKeMiTchi

October 21, 2009, 11:43:07 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Yeah, try them all. :)
You'll never know unless you try.

Orlandu

October 21, 2009, 11:56:17 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
i've tried many setups, i tried izlude sprite with izlude name and Holy Knight job.. it's even worse, even though the name Izlude, the Photo's Izlude, but when i insert him into the battle formation, he turned into Ch. 4 Ramza :shock:

MiKeMiTchi

October 22, 2009, 12:30:32 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quotehe turned into Ch. 4 Ramza
Check the Izlude Sprite set again. Is the value near 25?
(Dancer near 82)

Palette should also be 0, i think.

Hmm.. battle formation eh?
haven't tested that, sorry.

Orlandu

October 22, 2009, 12:40:53 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
24 or 26 if i'm not wrong. i never touched the pallete though.

dancer around 82 really? i'm gonna test more when i got home.
i'd really like to use celia/dancer sprite.. but if i must resort to change her assassins skills into holy swords, i guess not.

Cheetah

October 22, 2009, 01:22:37 am #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
The battle preparation and formation screen sprites being wrong with some units is a very well know problem. Look at the Unit.bin thread in the spriting section if you want more info.
Current Projects: