• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Dart, again

Started by gojoe, May 16, 2008, 04:58:42 pm

Twinees

slight update:

hair may need a few more fixes, but the shapes seems well on track. (i prefer the one on the right)
Thanks to R999 for suggesting hair at back ;)
  • Modding version: PSX

gojoe

This looks great but he seems young, I'm not sure why.
I never learn from my mistakes.

Asmo X

I took the liberty of making some of those lines look a little more gradual/softer. I dont know if I did it well because I haven't really tried portraits before but you get the idea.

Smash

Like gojoe said, he looks like a kid.

I'd shrink and move the bandana up a few pixels to allow the eyes some space upwards.

Twinees

ok hopefully this helped.

tbh, im liking the middle one, because he has a longer face.
(note: may need a few more updates on face to fix messy bits, and have not added AsmoX's edits yet)

gojoe

maybe move the eyes up more so they're touching the top of the bandana

LastingDawn

Hmm... am I the only one that think that Dart looks a little too happy? If I recall he always seemed hurried or impatient to reach his next objective. Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but he looks far too at peace, I feel.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

mav

He could use a different set of eyes. Actually I feel like he looks more young than happy, but I definitely think LD's on to something.

Atma

only a few months since the last post... hahaha, oh well.
i like how he looks young.  a lot of the cast of tactics is fairly young, so it kind of suits imo.  btw, is there a finished version of this sprite? (i kinda skimmed through :P)
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Twinees

Nope the sprite isnt finished, but i should get around to it soon, (Kage has been bugging me about it, so ill eventually cave in  :mrgreen:). Exams soon, so once they are over, everything (hopefully) should be completed.

GeneralStrife

*bugs twinees about dart*

GeneralStrife

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"*bugs twinees about dart*
:P

Izirudo

Make the face longer... the longer it is the older he looks. And why don't you try making it look like the way he looks in his game? You know, side view of him, showing half his face, with an eye looking a bit sad (IMO). Well, for now making the face older should your priority ;).

Eternal

Quote from: "GeneralStrife"
Quote from: "GeneralStrife"*bugs twinees about dart*
:P

Fixed.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Twinees

Sure GS, but i want to finish the FF7 characters and the FF2/3 style lamia first, wouldnt you prefer them?  ;).[/quote]
Ive made little edits already, though any longer (face) would look odd, so instead i made it straighter (ill also change the eyes).  I'm assuming you are referring to his battle stance, the side view sounds interesting ill take a crack at it later on.

I'll do this later. More urgent sprites in the meantime.

Izirudo

I'm referring to his portrait in this pic:

VampragonLord

Quote from: "Izirudo"I'm referring to his portrait in this pic:

the style doesnt quite imitate fft style, and it would look out of place in game. the most recent port seems fairly accurate, it just needs a bit more "age" to it, though tbh very few people in tactics look "old".
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

Izirudo

Did I say it has to be That port? I meant as a reference, from which the port can be made similarly to. In this case, the port should show a side view of his face - that's what I meant.

GeneralStrife

of course twinees, everything is optional always lol

gojoe

Kinda like this