• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:20:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Speeding up fft

Started by Ifrit09, August 18, 2009, 02:27:30 pm

dinosaur

Does anyone know how to this for MAC?

Archael

post your emulator settings

Archael

October 27, 2010, 04:42:54 am #22 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 04:44:25 pm by Archael
Quote from: "Paheej"And that lets you play at 3x speed?!?  How can you when your FPS limit is 60?!?

the settings he posted are obviously just recommended settings

you're supposed to enter the FPS you want the game to run at yourself, whether it's 60 or 200

Jon

My settings work when its at 200. But does this ever happen, you are reading some text and when you press O it makes this weird sound like an airplane flying over head? And the sound doesn't stop until you rotate the screen? This happens to me so frequently whenever I play it above 60 fps.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Wiz

Hey Jon, idk specifically which sound it is (since there are so many of them!) but I do know what you're talking about. It probably has to do with your sound plugin as shown on the previous page. In the 1.3 Forum, Arch displays his settings with the "Eternal SPU" Audio Plugin (the spelling is something of that nature). Ever since I altered it, the sfx's within the recordings I did for S4 had no problems at all (i.e. no buggy sounds like the one you just explained. For some reason, you mentioning airplanes reminds me of mario paint.) and are parallel to the S3 ones.

Here's the link since I'm such a nice guy.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6057
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Thank you Wizzy, I never saw this before! I loled at the "since I'm such a nice guy". I am gonna download the Eternal SPU 1.41 Audio plugin asap! This does look good! Thanks again!
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

FFHackticsnoob

Do you put Soft Video Plugin on 200 to make it fast or just the main plugin?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

ffta707

Use Pete's D3D Driver 1.75. Wiz recommended it to me, and it speeds up great, and has a pretty display.

Here is a file with about 20 gpu plug ins for you guys.