• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:47:40 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Dart, again

Started by gojoe, May 16, 2008, 04:58:42 pm

Knox

Here's another update, decided to blend in the other arm and want to know what you guys think about how it looks.
  • Modding version: PSX
~Auranhiem

Twinees

i liked how you tried to add the arm thing,
but Legend of dragoon was my first rpg, so i wanted to make sure Dart got what he deserves, lol.
this is a concept i just whipped up.

Kagebunji

I like that hair, Twinees. is that armor Kain's(Smash concept)? Belt is Gaffy I think. legs are edited from Male Squire, I must say it looks impressive. Moar!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

Hair looks good, armor looks pretty good (there's a lack of depth on the armor, cause all the colors look too similar). I'm not a fan of the legs though. Anyways, nice rework. Hopefully the portrait still matches this sprite. Hah.

Kagebunji

colors are similiar indeed. Try using more of yellow from his hair in other spots as well, legs for example. Those browns aren't too different from reds on small view too, hmmm.

jimmyjw88

Looks good and what they said.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Lijj

I like knox's hair, a lil bit more (but is it just Cloud's?) And the bottom half looks better too.
but the head band is too angular. Frames 1, 2 and 4 need work.

Zozma

hmm... why dart? lol... jk sigh...
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

jimmyjw88

Headband need some serious work. Angle, outline, size. Also, his bottom hair colour on rear diagonal and rear frame shouldn't just a single shade of brown while his top are only two shades, which is flat. Try add some highlights.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Twinees

yeah i probably shouldnt have used the monks reds... suited clothing more than armour.

Modified clouds hair
Slightly modified archer arm
Slightly modified squire knee pads
Gaffgarion Boots.
Barechested man's chest changed to plate.

wanted to keep as close to the original dart as possible
Hopefully this is better, palette wise.

@Knox, sorry i kinda ruined your sprite plans =/

mav

Looks pretty good, just be careful with those knee pads: because the legs around them are all that same shade of dark gray, it can give the illusion that the knee pads are just floating around on his body. Anyways, good improvements.

Twinees

got kinda bored. first time making a portrait, so dont crit too hard haha. Took me a while.
palette on sprite may need an update now.

Kagebunji

I like the sprite, it looks great now, especially that big armored arm :). Well, hair and bandana looks strange to me on port, but since I am no great expert, I cannot tell exactly why ;/, maybe it is the hair right above the bandana, it should be darker IMO

jimmyjw88

Require some dark shades on his front hair where they fold, hair that overlaps. Perhaps darker the darkest red so that it could be use for shadows on those armor edges.

mav

Another Dart portrait, eh? The hair looks pillowy, the face shape looks a little awkward, and his hair style makes his head look kinda long. Your reds are a little dull too. I think this hair style definitely looks more like Dart than the one on the portrait I made way back when.

Good start, chief.

VampragonLord

@portrait
pillow hair, his right (our left) eye region seems a bit.... quirky, his left arm's shading needs a lil fixing, the ear just seems a bit.... off, he also looks a little bit "younger" then he should. all just minor tweaks/details really, the portrait as a whole is good, just, you know, needs a bit o fixin up
15:05   slave: consensual slavery is the best thing ever~

MiKeMiTchi

June 19, 2010, 07:45:57 am #96 Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:45:46 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Twinees, you've been improving. :(
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Twinees

looks nice mike :). but im not sure if it suits the fft style, have to see what everyone else thinks.
I've completed the front walking frames, but ill post them when im done with the back walking frames unless you guys insist.

mav

Portrait looks much better. He has too much hair though--it shouldn't come up so high; give the lad a hair cut. He could use a new chin too, but that's not completely necessary.

jimmyjw88

The armor shading definitely looks better.