• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:28:35 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Mumble- VOIP

Started by Mando, March 09, 2011, 08:59:26 pm

Mando

I am posting this to see if people in the community are interested in having a mumble server that they can get on and voice chat with each other. I am in no way or means trying to replace our own IRC channel that we already have set up but instead offer something that would allow people to discuss their own ideas easier by simply talking about them. This could also be used if people simply want to discuss future mods or are streaming and want low voice latency.

Mumble is an open source client with very low latency and bandwith consumption making it better than skype, ventrilo, and teamspeak. It also has built in voice normalization and uses the SPEEX codecs which allow for high quality voice transmission and the normalization means you do not have to adjust your settings so that you don't come over too quite or loud.

Now. This does cost a small amount of $ ... but I don't care I'll pay for it so long as there is a decent amount of people who are interested in using it.

Please reply and let me know what you think. For more information simply google mumble and look at their wiki.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Cheetah

...I already find it difficult to be productive in hacking while visiting the IRC, so I would have to say I'm not interested in this. Interesting idea though.
Current Projects: