• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:06:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Opportunity Commands in FFTA2

Started by Chronovore, March 06, 2024, 04:12:44 am

Chronovore

Okay. So I've been slowly working on a hack of FFTA2 for years now. I don't have much left that I want to do. In play-testing, one thing that bugs me is opportunity commands. With the exception of Flurry or Fleet of Foot; they usually aren't worth it but you've got to do it for your Sequencer. I'd at least want to convert Battle Shout to Critical Up or something more interesting than Resilience Up.

Unfortunately, I'm not much of a coder. I'm just using tools found here and I don't see these attacks listed anywhere. Does anyone know how to access these with existing tools?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

GasT87

I think that it's because they are not really abilities per see. I think that what for example "Fleet on foot" does is simply casting "Hastega" on the user so if you want to change what they do you will have to find witch ability they are calling and modify that.