• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:23:18 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Full unpack and pack disk image FFT

Started by botik, June 14, 2021, 10:49:29 am

botik

June 14, 2021, 10:49:29 am Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 11:57:10 am by botik
For full unpack need utility isodump
github.com/64ghost/mkpsxiso

Rename disk image FFT.BIN
isodump.exe FFT.BIN -x root -s map.xml

The folder <root> will contain all unpacked files
Received file <map.xml> needs to be edited to align to LBA or download below for SCUS94221

For pack disk image need utility mkpsxiso

mkpsxiso.exe map.xml

A working image will be created from the contents of the folder <root> (SCUS94221.BIN + SCUS94221.CUE)
For inject license in image need DiskPatcher3(but not necessary)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

botik

Map file for Japan Version (SLPS00770)

3lric

Hey botik,

I'm quite familiar with mkpsxiso, as it is integrated into one of the programs I made for modding Resident Evil games, however, I'm not sure how its useful here, as we already have a isomanager specific to FFT, as well as the program JuraviS which is in development as well, which can not only add larger files to the image, but also entirely new files, which mkpsxiso alone cannot do.

As for the XML, why do you have the XA and STR files as mixed and not properly labeled as STR / XA respectively? mkpsxiso accepts both of these inputs to be more specific.
  • Modding version: PSX

botik

In the latest version 1.26, the XA/STR files are combined into the "mixed" format as they have the same structure.

P.S.
The Journey of the Five mod transferred to the archive with files to replace files from the main game.

mega*nz/file/13pUTLrI#cOwW2PrzvSWafIQiCDVXURXyZJUyEitIkgVlKuIxLh4

3lric

Quote from: botik on June 20, 2021, 01:16:38 pmIn the latest version 1.26, the XA/STR files are combined into the "mixed" format as they have the same structure.

P.S.
The Journey of the Five mod transferred to the archive with files to replace files from the main game.

mega*nz/file/13pUTLrI#cOwW2PrzvSWafIQiCDVXURXyZJUyEitIkgVlKuIxLh4

Cool man, I didn't see that fork before. Thank you

As for Jot5, its been completely rebuilt, so this won't help me too much, but I appreciate the effort :)
  • Modding version: PSX