• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:22:56 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

hoi, small fries

Started by Bonesy, September 03, 2015, 02:55:17 am

Bonesy

Howdy, I'm Bonesy. I mostly slum around Romhacking.net where I'm saddled with a dumb name younger-me picked (Isao Kronos) which is where you may have seen me. I don't really do hacking but I play games all the time and am interested in trying to get back into FFT and FFTA (I play FFTA2 way more often for whatever reason).

Also, I use ePSXe. Deal /w it. You'll have to drag me kicking and screaming into using anything else except for maybe XEBRA, I like that emulator.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Angel

Xebra's still an improvement. And switching from ePSXe to PCSX-R isn't even a thing since they appear identical. The menus are the same, windows are the same, layout is the same, behavior is ostensibly identical, just looks like you removed the Pepsi label and replaced it with Coca-Cola. They even use the same plugins with the same plugin menus.

Difference is, PCSX-R doesn't suck balls at FFT.

Also, hi! 8D
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Xifanie

Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Bonesy

Quote from: Toshiko on September 03, 2015, 05:22:47 am
Xebra's still an improvement. And switching from ePSXe to PCSX-R isn't even a thing since they appear identical. The menus are the same, windows are the same, layout is the same, behavior is ostensibly identical, just looks like you removed the Pepsi label and replaced it with Coca-Cola. They even use the same plugins with the same plugin menus.

Difference is, PCSX-R doesn't suck balls at FFT.

Also, hi! 8D

I've heard the PC branch of PCSX-R is the least updated one lol, also the last time I tried to get something to run on it there were issues. I mean, I could try it again but idk how well it'd work with these really nice heavily modified Pete's plugins I got along with ePSXe shark.

Angel

There are no developers/maintainers who use Windows at all, yeah. Took over a year for a bug I reported to be fixed because of this, but they did manage to fix it without being able to test it themselves. Which is at least something.

The OGL stock plugin for PCSX-R is actually better and faster than Pete's and its derivatives. Also, improved GTE accuracy is a thing, and awesome (when it works / doesn't deform 2D objects). But if you want, you can use Pete's plugins with PCSX-R and get the expected result. There's even a hack of Pete's with the improved GTE accuracy.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Bonesy

September 04, 2015, 08:07:05 pm #5 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:21:57 pm by Bonesy
Yeah, I fiddled around with some of the modified stuff on it a few days ago. It works okay but like the OGL works like crap FPS wise on my toastercomp and the OGL2 one has some errors and weird stuff on Chrono Cross.

Angel

Yeah, that would be the 2D distortion I mentioned (happens on Chrono Cross, Wipeout, Wipeout XL, Breath of Fire III & IV, Grandia, and probably others) when using improved GTE accuracy. It behaves as normal with the feature disabled. I tested and gave a brief report on every 3D (or at least partially 3D) game I have, and the distortion is thankfully uncommon, albeit annoying as hell when it's there.

Bonesy

That fixed the distortion but Chrono Cross still crashes when I go into the status menu for whatever reason :V

Angel

Weird... doesn't crash for me. Played through the whole game on it, even. :o
Mysteries and bubblegum.

Bonesy

Yeah, like it goes to a black screen when I go to status in the main menu. If you're using OGL 2.0 Tweak or the OGL, maybe post your config when you get a chance?

Angel

This isn't my normal config, but I was messing around with it to see if I could get the original FFVII demo to draw the controls screen at higher than native resolution, and this is the only setting that doesn't draw black so far:

(Note that Chrono Cross still works with this setup, but broken sprites due to having GTE accuracy checked)

Bonesy

I'll have to try that, probably gonna have to downgrade a few things though because weak computer.